29

"Yes Minho. You heard it right. You are safe from the disease and you can live a normal life without worries." Doctor Jung said smiling. He got up from his chair and hugged him. "I'm glad you're not going into your father's path kid. I'm so glad. I wouldn't bare to live knowing a good friend of mine and his son would have the same faith and I couldn't even help to fix it. I'm just glad you're fine."

Minho who had a little bit of tear on the side of his eyes chuckled as he tightly hugged back the doctor. No words escaped his mouth due to the shock. He was expecting the worse out of the results and hearing the opposite just made him lose all his senses, in a good way.

"But there are still other tests that haven't arrived but the test we just read a while ago is as good as any result already. But I'll still call you when those arrive in the coming weeks okay."

Minho nods his head as they broke the hug. He then faced Seungmin who was already crying nonstop on the side. "Hey why are you crying? I'm fine. See? Don't cry you look ugly." Seungmin just laughed and hugged his step brother as well.

Minho's mom and his step dad also got up and slowly approached them. "Honey. Are you okay? How do you feel?"

"I feel absolutely great mom. This was surreal. The emotion I feel can't be comprehended to any words right now. I'm just- just speechless."

"Aw baby. You don't have to worry anymore okay? Should we celebrate this over lunch?"

"Shouldn't you prepare for later though? I heard your flight to Texas was rescheduled this noon?"

"Don't worry about that Minho. We can squeeze a celebration for this good news son. It can also be a farewell lunch but if you two want to come to Texas with us we can still make last minute bookings. Is your decision to stay here that final? You too Seungmin."

"Yeah Sir it's final. I can't possibly just abandon my friends here and Seungmin's with me so you guys don't have to worry. We can visit you on vacations too. And I promise to come right away when dad wakes up. Besides, he wouldn't be upset with me if I'll arrive late when he finally opens his eyes."

"You are growing up so fast honey. I badly want to be with you but I guess you're all grown up to make your decisions. Your father would be proud of you, you know that right?"

"Don't make me cry mom. Come on. We should hurry up and you might miss your flight."

Minho had to choose where they can eat lunch and he chose a restaurant that offers an all you can eat buffet meal for any country you like. When asked why he chose this particular restaurant he responded "Since Seungmin and I can't come with you at the US then at least we should eat some food from overseas to somehow experience the culture and mom and sir should eat Korean meals, because it might be your last. So why not eat in a restaurant where it offers both right?"

Seungmin who was surprise by his brother's reason clapped in his expanse. "I didn't think of that Hyung. Wow. You are just amazing. How did you even know this restaurant exists here?"

"it's my hobby to search up restaurants but I don't go them unfortunately since I really don't have time so now here we are."

They laughed at the unusual information Minho said and just made their way to each of the food booth of each country.

The Kim family enjoyed their lunch to the fullest and even had a few desserts to finish off. While waiting for Minho's folks to finish eating, he thought off something to do with his friends later on. He then opened his phone and sent a message to their group chat.

Messenger

Minho: Hey. Meet me at the gym later. I want to play a game with you guys.