28

Minho is currently sitting on the passenger seat as Seungmin drives his car. They had a solid 5 minute argument on who should drive home but Seungmin who was so persistent eventually won.

"Mom told me to take care of you Hyung. Should I tell your friends about our little secret then? So they can take care of you instead?"
Asserting his domimance over a blackmail he'll eventually overuse until the results comeback which Mimho wasn't happy about but he has no choice but to comply and he also understood that it was for his own benefit as well.

They were allowed to go home after successfully conducting the genetic testing for Minho's blood back at the hospital. Their family doctor also conducted a full body check up on Minho to make sure he was ready to go home and no complications arose after fainting last night.

"Do you want to order take out Hyung? There's a drive through just a few blocks from here. My treat since I'm the best step brother you have."

"You are my only step brother though. But yeah. Get me anything healthy. I need to battle this disease and live a long life."

"Are we twins or something? That's exactly what i was thinking

"Are we twins or something? That's exactly what i was thinking." Seungmin laughs as he takes a turn to the diner.

"Hey hey! Don't cross the line. It doesn't mean that I'm being nice to you, you can claim absurd things like that. Boundaries Seungmin." Minho laughed back.

The ride home was peaceful and slow paced. It was like Seungmin knew the older needed to experience this car ride for himself.  Minho was never in the passenger seat for quite a while so the feeling was very new to him. He opened the window sill to let fresh air in which he never did before. He forgot how refreshing and cool car ride air is for he was so used to his air conditioning.

The scenery of the city was somehow different that night, not in a physical sense but the emotional attachment Minho felt as they stroll at the busiest and brightest streets of the city.

He realized how the city he looked up to for years felt like a big place when he was still younger but now that he was all grown up, it wasn't so big after all. Now it looks so small and new to him. He then falls again into the oblivion of his deep thoughts and remembered the things he realized upon earlier that day.

He spent the rest of the afternoon at the hospital mostly alone as he waits for the Genetic Testing scheduled for him. He made a lot of self reflections and realizations.

Amazed how a single night can change the way he sees things, he sees the world and how he sees the people around him. He became much more open and forgiving to other people and to himself personally. He realized how he was so hard on himself and how he was his own enemy all this years. And finally he did understood how special his life really is.

"Is this what they call Self Actualization? Ironic how death gives meaning to life. Funny but hits different when you actually experience it for yourself."