34

"Call Jisung." Minho said to no one in particular but Jeongin immediately got out his phone and dialed the other's number.

"Where the heck would Jisung go now that this is happening?" Jeongin murmurs as he sloppily dials his bestfriends phone.

"Just continue contacting him Innie. Now Felix you go to the caf and check the field area. Seungmin please check the two libraries. The rest check the main halls and classrooms. Got it?" Chan said authoritatively.

Everybody agreed and ran out of the room heading to their assigned destination but Chan stopped Minho before he could reach the door and asked him to stay for a little talk.

"I know what you're thinking. That's not the time for this. Jisung is strong. He can manage himself. Don't lose your temper on anyone. Got me?" Chan reminded him. "But yes, you can go off but don't cross the line. I know you want to protect Jisung from everything but know your limits. The power you hold is...just just, no one can handle that. Understand me Minho?"

Minho avoids Chan's gaze. His best friend knows him too well. And he knows Chan is right. He agrees eventually. "Yeah. I know my limits as long as no one touches my Jisung I'll be okay." Minho said as he clutches his fist. The thought of Jisung getting hate for being who he is makes his blood boil again.

"I'll be behind you. We will be behind you. Now go find what's yours."

As soon as Chan let's go of his shoulders, without any glance, Minho immediately runs only thinking of Jisung, he then promised himself never to let the other get out of his sight. Ever again.

🌸

Jeongin was running behind Changbin but slowly stopped as his attention was on his screen still trying to reach Jisung's phone and unconsciously, he walks towards the front entrance of their building. After realizing where he was, he attempts to go back to the main hall but stops as he sniffs something familiar. A scent only used by one person he knows back when he was still in Malaysia.

People say scents hold memories and that's true and this particular scent is an unpleasant one, if you may ask. An immediate flashback of what happened before came flooding back in. One of the driving factors why Jisung left the country was here.

Confused on why he got the faint scent in the first place. Out of curiosity, he decides to find where it was coming from but hoping the owner of the fragrance wouldn't be the one he's expecting especially in a place like this.

He then finds himself walking towards the metal benches just beside the main entrance of the building. The infamous scent becomes stronger as he got closer and to his dismay, he sees Jisung sitting with the man in question.

"Jiji!" Jeongin calls out which caught their attention. "Can you not just runaway like that? You are making us worry. And why is he here?" Jeongin whispers the last question.

"Hi I.N, long time no see." The other greets.

"Uh. Yeah. Hi." Innie awkwardly greets back. "Anyway, Minho is looking for you. You need to go back or he might actually flip the whole school looking for you."

"You should go Jisung. I'm glad we had our talk. Till next time?" The boy smiles as he reaches out his closed fist. Jisung then bumps it as they both laugh. Jeongin who was clearly left out and confused why the two was suddenly friendly with each other just waited for them to finish catching up. He figured this can also be good for his friend to finally face his troubled past, now that Minho is around the corner willing to do everything for him, which was totally opposite with what this boy they are currently with has done for Jisung.

"Why was he here? Did you call him?" Jeongin asked as soon as they were far from him.

"Hey ani. why would i? I was looking for the possible "witness" to my innocence and he found me. So we talked for a bit and you came. He was here for his girlfriend."