13

"Can you still hear the howling?" Minho asked slowly inching his way to Jisung's side.

"No. I even think you just made it up. Just help me find the switch or something. It's too dark in here." Jisung replied.

"Why would I lie about ghosts? Tss." Minho hissed.

"Like i said, ghosts don't exist. Wait are you afraid of ghosts? Wow what a concept. Hah." Jisung teased.

"Of course not! Who believes in ghost nowadays? Tss." Minho replied.

Jisung turned off his flashlight and ran to the other side of the room praying he wouldn't stumble on the stack of boxes he saw earlier.

"Weird boy? Where are you?! Turn on your light or you're dead meat when i get a hold of you!" Minho shouted.

"BOO!"

"ARGHHH!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you are afraid of ghosts! hAHAHAHA Oh god. I should have filmed this! Iconic. HAHAHAHA." Jisung laughed as he opened his flashlight to check the other already laying on the floor flustered.

"You're dead!" Minho held Jisung's leg and pulled which made him fall on the carpet covered floor.

"Ouch! That hurt! What if my i hit my head first and died here?! Ouch. My bum." Jisung spat as he caressed his butt.

"You started it! It was just payback!" Minho shouted.

"What if i got injur-"

"Shhhh! Did you hear that?" Minho asked in a calmer voice.

"Hear what?! Your ghosts?! I said it doesn't exis-"

Meeeeow~

"No! that! Did you hear it? It's a kitten!" Minho jumped up and immediately searched the corners full of stacked boxes. "Light me! Hurry!"

Jisung was flustered by the sudden act the latter made. He snapped out of his trance and immediately opened his flashlight.

"Help me find where the sound came from! Don't just stand there!" Minho ordered.

Meoooow~

"I think it came from here. But i can't see it. Light me here. Please." Minho pleading.

Jisung was taken aback by the sudden politeness the latter just made. He automatically inched closer to where Minho was pointing.

Meeeoow~

"Yeah! I think it's there! Help me with this boxes. Set it aside. There." Minho carry the stacked boxes and gave it to Jisung.

They helped each other clear the way but a huge table desk was still blocking the kitten.

Meoooow~

"Just hang on there buddy. We'll get you." Minho said in a cute voice. "Help me with this desk. We can carry it if we do it together."

*LOW BATTERY*

"Wait. My battery is dying. I'll have to turn off the flashlight to save some bars. Is that okay?" Jisung asked.

"Uh. Yeah yeah. As long as we can get that kitty. I'm fine with anything" Minho replied.

The room was pitch black as Jisung turned off his phone. They slowly carried the desk filled with some stuff on top. "Slowly. Slowly. Here. Stop."

"Can you light it one last time? Just to see where the kitty is at." Minho asked.

Jisung flashed his light and they can clearly see a cute gray striped kitten shivering on the corner wall. Minho slowly grab the kitten and held it on his arms.