98: Fire is Catching

Start from the beginning

"As long as I hold your hand... then yes." His raspy voice echoed in my ears.

Magsasalita pa sana ako pero napatingin kaming sabay ni Akakios sa isang banda dahil sa naramdamang presensya na papasok sa malaking meeting room na 'to. Ilang saglit pa, nakita namin si Master Gideon.

He was wearing a suit, and he looked young for his age and muscular. He automatically bowed the moment he saw the two of us. Following him, Isolde also entered, and she gave us some respect before quietly walking with Master Gideon to take their seats.

"Finally happening, huh?" Isolde smirked when she sat down on the front row. We were in a lecture room type of place.

"Are everything going the way we wanted?" Akakios questioned his Lolo.

"I did what we planned; now the rest is up to you if it'll succeed or not," he answered sternly.

Ngumiti na lang kami ni Akakios nang sabay dahil do'n. We waited a little more while talking about the information from what they were doing in the Domain and just a small talk of what happened last week with Gabby's birthday.

Habang nag-uusap kami napatigil kami ni Akakios at napatingin sa entrance. We saw Momo and Dada entered the room while holding each other's hands. They bowed when they saw Akakios. Lumapit kaagad ako sa kanila. Momo gave me a kiss on the cheek as well as Dada.

They just gave respect at Akakios. They both sat down beside Master Gideon and Isolde. Nag-usap-usap sila saglit, at dumating na rin sina Tita Annicka, Tito Skyler, Tita Shana, Tito JJ, Tita Lian, Tito Tim, Tita Alyx, Tito Thon, Tita Cassidee, Tito Eugene, Tita Tiara at Tito Kurt.

Usually, they were loud, and they'd be joking around each other, but they were currently serious and didn't make any noise as they sat on their designated seats. They bowed their heads down, looking at us, and we only nodded.

Naging tahimik ang buong kwarto dahil do'n, at mararamdaman mo ang tensyon sa hangin. The Apocalypse also arrived and sat on the side where our parents were seated. The air in the room became suffocating with all the people who were gathered in there.

And then five people also arrived. My siblings with Luna gave courtesy to Akakios and me before walking down to the other side of the room that was still empty. Luna waved at me, and I beamed widely at her.

Gabby copied Luna, and I couldn't help but chuckle, but with Law's glare, the two settled down, and I was sure they felt the authoritative and peculiar air in this room. It was mixed with anxiety, pressure, nervousness and excitement.

Then the seven Crowns entered the room according to their rank. Saint had a playful grin on his face while playing with a rubics cube. He bowed at us, and the rest followed his gesture and took their respective seats.

After that, the Pasaways in their Crown ranks entered, too, with Sven. Their faces were etched with alarm and fear. Para silang pumasok sa napakalamig at napakabigat na lugar. Their expression said it all.

"Hi," Akakios greeted with a smile on his face.

Parang nakahinga ang lahat dahil do'n. Maririnig mo rin ang mahinang tawa ng mga magulang namin. The tension didn't disappear, but you could feel that, at least, some pressure was lifted with that little word from Akakios. Damn, power.

"We will not talk in runabouts. Tomorrow. Tomorrow is the day we will set foot in the Eviralle, and that will follow the commencement of the plan to overthrow the Marquis' reign."

Pakiramdam ko dumagundong ang buong lugar dahil sa lalim at napakaseryosong pahayag ni Akakios sa bagay na 'yon. Even I felt how the hair on my arm rose because of how frank it was.