sophiana movie night

anygays, here's some trashy sophiana, requested by ughidec1234

tw: food, brief mention of explosions

word count: 1477 words

Sophie knocked on the white door to Biana's room. Her fingers tapped nervously on her legs as she waited for Biana to let her in.

"Come on in," Biana called out from inside. Sophie turned the knob and stepped into the lavishly decorated room.

It was tidier than normal, which was saying something. Biana normally had clothes and pillows strewn about, sequins and beads scattered around the floor since who had the time for cleaning anyway? But right now, Sophie could safely step on the floor without getting stabbed in the foot by a tiny hairpin or something.

Biana was sitting on her bed, her hands nervously clenching the bedspread. Sophie made her way next to her and sat, her hand rested softly on Biana's jittery knee. Biana turned her head towards Sophie and a brown lock fell in front of her teal eyes as she bit her lip. "It's today right? We're telling them?"

Sophie nodded, tugging on her eyelash. She and Biana had been dating for a few weeks now, and they'd decided to come out to their friends and Biana's family today. Grady and Edaline had already known--because of that one time when they'd accidentally walked in to see Sophie and Biana kissing--but this... this was a whole new story.

"We don't have to if you don't want to," Sophie assured Biana. Her stomach fluttered in nervousness as she added, "If you aren't ready to tell them, it's fine." 

"No, it's okay. I'm just nervous," Biana said softly. "How will Mom react? Or Fitz? Or Keefe?"

Sophie shrugged, wondering the same thing. "I don't know. But it'll go well, I'm sure of that." (She wasn't all that sure, but Biana didn't need to hear that.)

"Yeah," Biana said. She smiled, a bit reluctantly, and pointed to the door where outside, Keefe and Marella seemed to be doing some sort of contest judging from their shouts. "We should go downstairs now or they'll wonder what we're doing up here."

Sophie nodded and quickly grasping her girlfriend's hand, they hurried down the stairs to join their friends. 

Fitz raised an eyebrow at their twined fingers, and Sophie quickly let go, after giving Biana a small reassuring squeeze.

"Took you long enough," Keefe proclaimed, stray pieces of pie all over his face. Fitz handed him and Marella a napkin, as Keefe continued triumphantly, "I won the pie-eating contest. And Marella needs to be my servant for the rest of the night." He shot a smug smirk at Marella.

"By 1.2 seconds," Marella added, clearly annoyed by the loss. Twisting one of her braids, she asked, "Anyway can we just watch the movie now?"

Biana nodded and switched the TV on, flicking through the different shows. "What do you want to watch?" 

"These are all trashy Christmas movies," Tam observed. "And none of us even celebrate Christmas."

"That's the holiday season for you," Dex mumbled.

Linh shrugged. "Let's watch The Grinch?" she suggested.

No complaints. Biana started it and they settled down to watch it, with only a few hushed arguments over where to sit.

Biana flopped down next to Sophie her teal eyes staring intently at the screen. But Sophie couldn't concentrate on the movie, her eyes flicking from person to person. Marella was sprawled out on the ground stealing popcorn from the twins, and Keefe and Fitz were talking in quiet whispers as the movie went on.