Home

don't you just love that moment when you get an idea so then you pointedly ignore your dozen requests still waiting to be finished and start writing a keefitz fic--

i... i had it all written out and it was half decent and wattpad deleted it so here's my trashy rewrite...*sigh*

so um. platonic keefitz, you could view it as romantic too but i just wanted some keefitz friendship so--

tw: ab/sive parents, food, caps

Home.

Home was the thing books always talked about. A place where you felt warm and happy and loved. A place with laughs and smiles and jokes. A place with comfort food and best friends and hugs in abundance.

They say home is different for everyone, but it's the place one feels happy and safe and loved.

And the one thing Keefe wanted the most, was to have a home.

▪▪▪

"I hear you've been drawing again," Cassius said smoothly. His back was turned, hunched over some papers on his desk. But Keefe still felt the blistering glare Cassius often gave to him.

Keefe nodded meekly, reminding himself, Just say what he wants to hear and leave. Get through this, come on.

Cassius dramatically spun around on his chair and bestowed a judgemental scowl on Keefe. But catching himself, the older Empath forced a more pleasant look on his face, and said, "Speak when I ask a question." The words were forced out of gritted teeth, and Keefe had to look away.

"Yes," he mumbled. How much longer, how much longer, can I please go now, his mind whispered.

Cassius sat straight, an oily smile present on his face. "Well then. Your teacher says you've been drawing in class after he told you not to several times. I thought I told you not to do that?"

Keefe swallowed, his eyes darting from place to place, anywhere but at Cassius's judging eyes. How could he explain that he couldn't stop it, that he zoned out and his hand moved at its own accord and he could only focus on the pen and paper in front of him? That he wished he didn't do it, wished he could stop and focus and be a good student. 

But he couldn't. His brain was being stupid and broken and refused to work.

Cassius started tapping his foot impatiently. Keefe burst out in panic, "I--I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." He cringed, his face burning as Cassius raised an eyebrow.

"Right." Cassius stared at Keefe for a while longer, his gaze withering and harsh. "Well. I'd think you'd know better, but not."

Keefe stared at his feet, doodles apparent on the boots due to his habit of drawing on any surface he could find. Cassius noticed that too, a deep scowl etching into his features. "And to think I had high hopes for you," he sighed, his voice laden with disgust. "Just go."

Keefe nodded, fear flipping in his stomach although he was altogether too happy to be leaving. Walking through Candleshades main hall, he arrived at the Leapmaster, and calling out "Everglen!", swirls of light whisked him away.

Della was near the front door when Keefe entered. She smiled at him and said, "Hi Keefe. Fitz is upstairs doing... something in his room. Would you guys like some ripplefluffs? I just baked some." She nodded at the kitchen where a chocolatey smell drifted to Keefe's nose.

"Sure," Keefe said with a small smile. Della served up some ripplefluffs on a plate and he started up the stairs.

Fitz was in his room when Keefe walked in. The brunette had been trying to draw from what Keefe could see, a variety of pens and pencils spread out in front of him. Looking up at the Empath entering the room, Fitz said, "Oh, hey." He pushed the papers and art supplies a little to the side, smiling brightly at his friend and snatching a ripplefluff off the plate.