Council Christmas

Okay, so I was just randomly reading some fics on here, and then I suddenly just got the craziest idea ever. Imagine it, the Council celebrating Christmas

I absolutely love Christmas. Actually, my family isn't Christian, we just do the present part of it, but it has presents so I love it. Plus no school. Plus I can see my cousins. Anyway, I am literally in love with this idea, even though I thought of it two minutes ago. So, here it is!

In Bronte's defense, this had been Sophie and Biana's idea.

It had started out a simple Team Valiant meeting, but things had escalated further and further. So now, the council was celebrating Christmas. A human holiday. With Team Valiant.

As you could guess, it was not turning out well.

Sophie facepalmed as Councilor Terik tried to eat some dough. "No! It's raw gingerbread dough, you can't eat it!" she cried out, snatching the bowl away from the bewildered councilor.

Councilor Alina huffed. "So what do we do?"

Biana piped up, "You can help us decorate the tree!" After learning of the holiday, Biana had taken it upon herself to learn everything about Christmas.

Wylie studied some tinsel and then wrapped it around his neck. "Is this how you wear a scarfy thing?" he asked.

Sophie hurried over and explained, "You put in on the tree, not your neck. That's a whole other thing."

Councilor Velia questioned, "Why are we doing this again?"

Councilor Oralie patiently explained, "We've gone over this. We should try to celebrate sometimes, have a little fun. And it can't hurt to try out a human holiday."

"You talk about this as if it's a new dress or piece of jewelry," Councilor Ramira noted.

Dex grinned widely, his dimples showing. "Dad told me a lot about human holidays. I've always wanted to celebrate this."

"That makes one of us," Alina said.

Bronte had had enough. "Alina, why don't you go see if Stina has gotten the hangings yet." Alina nodded and went to find Stina.

Clarette was studying a stuffed toy, along with Terik. "Can you believe this is what humans think we look like?" she questioned, with a small smile at the absurdity of the thought.

Sophie picked up another one of them, apparently, it was an elf, and nodded. "In our defense, at least we got the pointy ear part right." Bronte noticed she said our.

"Yet look at the clothing. What type of self-respecting elf would wear things like that?" Liora asked.

Sophie shrugged and turned her attention back to the gingerbread she was making with Noland and Zarina. They cut out shapes, and eventually put them in the oven to bake. By then, Alina had come back with Stina, and most everyone was decorating the Great Hall. And considering the size of the room, it was going to take a while.

Finally, about forever later, they were done. And the place looked beautiful. Gold and green and red decorations, tinsel strung everywhere, stars and ornaments on the trees. Plus, the entire place smelled like gingerbread. So that was a plus.

Councilor Noland commented, "I think I like Christmas."

Sophie laughed. "We haven't even started."

*Time skip to that evening in the Great Hall*