girls like girls

girls like girls is a sophiana song, period.

...yeah so here's my first songfic, bye--

tw: homophobia, internalized homophobia, food, i think that's it?

Word count is: 5698... got a bit longer than I expected, but--

ALSO i'm so sorry this is a mess i didn't look over it much i just kinda wrote it all in a short moment and hardly checked it or anything so--

...also don't mind me, I'm that one clueless aro trying to write proper romance--

Ooh-hoo boy
Ooh-hoo boy
Ooh-hoo boy (Boys)
Ooh-hoo boy

Biana Vacker was supposed to like boys. 

She was supposed to want to press her lips to theirs, and run her hands through their hair. She was supposed to feel that spark, supposed to feel her veins buzzing with warmth when she got close to them. She was supposed to dream of kissing them and holding their hand, supposed to wish that they were more of friends.

She was supposed to like boys because she was a girl and girls only like boys. That was how it always had been and always would be. 

It was how it should be.

Biana Vacker was 15 years old and she'd never liked a boy.

Not one, out of all her years at Foxfire. She'd never felt her heart flutter when Keefe held her hand. She'd never felt her cheeks heating up with a sort of familiar warmth when Dex leaned close to her. She'd never looked at a boy in that sweet adoring way other couples would look at each other in.

She'd never felt that way towards a boy, ever.

There was only one person that made her feel like that, and she was a girl.

To be exact, the girl was Sophie Foster, also known as her brother's girlfriend.

Stealing kisses from your missus
Does it make you freak out?

Biana can't help wanting more than this friendship with Sophie, however wonderful it is.

And she realizes this is probably wrong, these swirls of fluttery warmth appearing in her stomach each time she looks at Sophie, as beautiful and breathtaking as she was. Wishing she could let her lips linger longer on Sophie's cheek in those "friendly" kisses she often gives. 

Biana knows this is wrong, all of this, and she can't help it.

But she would have to.

She would suppress the fighting waves of jealousy deep within her and smile for them because, at the very least, they deserved that.

She'll force out a smile when Fitz and Sophie kiss, their hands tangled in each other's hair. She'll hear them whisper "I love you" to each other as they stare into each other's eyes. She'll ignore the adoring way they look at each other, rosy blushes apparent on both of their cheeks.

Biana doesn't care how everyone whispers to each other about Sophitz, the perfect couple, destined for love and peace and joy. She doesn't. 

She really doesn't.

But she does.

Got you fussing, got you worried
Scared to let your guard down

Fitz knows, Biana realizes that.

He's never told her of course, but she suspected it. Sophie was the only one who could be oblivious enough to not notice the way Biana's eyes often traveled to her lips. And Fitz was too smart to be left in the dark about all this anyway.