Dark!Linh

um, long story short, I have no self-control, and here's Dark!Linh in which I took too much joy in turning a so-called cinnamon roll evil! also yes, i've given up on making good titles

yeah--

tw: blood, death, gore, violence, weapons

"Please."

Sophie was on the ground, her blond hair stained with blood. Bruises and cuts covered her, and her brown eyes were dull, tired, without their normal sheen of gold. She stared up at her attacker, and gasped out, "Please, no."

A cruel laugh rang through the still air. It was light and musical, the sound bringing back memories of the old days when they'd all smiled and joked around. 

Those days were gone.

Sophie stared up a the woman, flinching as the cold blade was pressed against her neck. Some blood trickled out of the small cut, and Sophie realized with just one move, she'd be dead.

They heard a noise. A crash, as what seemed like metal clattered to the floor. Someone was here. The woman's pale blue eyes widened in surprise and flicked back down to Sophie's brown ones. Resolve crossed her face, and she seemed to make up her mind.

Sophie closed her eyes gathering the nerve to inflict. She'd never appreciated the power, never wanted to practice it, but right then she needed it. It won't kill her, she reminded herself. And anyway, she's about to kill me

But by the time she gathered enough emotions to inflict... it was over.

That night, Sophie Elizabeth Foster, the Moonlark, died at the hands of her past friend.

~5 years ago~

Linh's laughs mixed with Tam's screams of terror filled the air, as they both clung to the metal bar, speeding through the sky. They were suspended only by a few ropes, hundreds of feet in the air.

Linh's hair was flying in the wind, silver tips flashing in the sun. Her hair would probably be a tangled mess when this was over, but oh was it worth it.

Tam was screaming in pure terror, his silver bangs slapping him in the face repeatedly. He was clearly not enjoying this as much as his twin.

Linh looked at the beautiful city below them, with hundred of elves hurrying along on the shiny streets. Linh was getting used to this.

Suddenly, they dropped.

Linh screamed as the wind stung her cheeks, and her hair whipped up. The ground was getting closer, and closer, and closer--

Until it stopped.

The ride smoothly came to a halt, and it was over.

Linh sat frozen for a few seconds, trying to catch her breath. Then she jumped up, undoing the belt that secured her to the seat. Looking at Tam, she said, "That was amazing!"

Tam looked sick, his face pale. He shook his head.

"You okay?" Linh asked worriedly.

Tam nodded and stood up. "Mostly." He seemed a little wobbly on his feet but mostly fine.

Linh started walking to the exit. "Then come on, let's get some calaruffs. I'm in the mood for them."

Tam shook his head, joining her. "It's not like you haven't already had 5."