Manifesting (Part 2)

This is a continuation of the last one, requested on the wiki. It's of Keefe manifesting. It is also, one of the worst things I've ever written, so be prepared

After manifesting a couple of days ago, Keefe had been extremely excited. He'd finally manifested! And being an Empath was pretty cool. It was better than being a Vociferator, or Descryer, in Keefe's opinion.

Keefe's parents had told everyone they knew about their son's ability. It wasn't out of love or anything really, more of rubbing it in that Keefe wasn't a failure.

The first person Keefe had told was Fitz, who had immediately come over to Candleshade so they could talk in person. He'd been happy for Keefe, and they'd tested out the ability for fun, Fitz peppering Keefe with questions on how Empathy was like.

Keefe was getting used to the feelings. Now he could differentiate most of them from his own and didn't get dizzy each time colors flowed into his mind. In a few days, he could identify almost every emotion by just color. His photographic memory definitely helped.

Lord Cassius had been beyond smug that his star son was so talented. He'd immediately given Keefe half a dozen thick books on Empathy, all written by yours truly.

Keefe hadn't even touched them.

When the rest of the Vackers had heard, they'd been proud of Keefe. A celebratory dinner had immediately been scheduled, although it was really just an excuse for Della to celebrate. Keefe had gorged himself on food and had laughed till his sides hurt several times over the dinner.

Feeling other people's emotions let Keefe, in a way, understand others better. He could feel Biana's overwhelming doubt and Fitz's paralyzing fear, things he never knew were there.

After a while, he learned to control his Empathy, and eventually, it was easy to tell which emotions were his and which were others.

Until Sophie came, and then she changed everything once again, but that was a whole other story.