tiana, when they're grown up

i need better titles--

word count: 1326

triggers: food, stress, that's it I think? tell me if there's anything to add

Tam could hear the garage door opening from downstairs. He turned his head slightly to look out the window, where their black car was parked.

She's home.

A slight smile peeked up the corners of his mouth as he went downstairs, arriving near the front door where his wife was lugging in groceries. 

Biana Vacker looked tired after the long day, but Tam still thought she looked beautiful, with the wisps of brown hair escaping her ponytail and warm brown eyes that were currently on Tam. 

"Honey? Uh, could you give me a hand with these bags?" Biana called out.

Tam blinked, his gaze darting to the dozen or so bags still on the floor. "Sure," he replied, picking a few up.

"Thanks," Biana said, brushing a quick kiss to Tam's cheek before going inside to sort everything away. 

Tam brought the rest of the bags in and then surveyed the floor. "Bi, this is gonna last us weeks," he called out to his wife, currently in the pantry.

"It is?" Biana poked her head out and looked at the groceries as if seeing them for the first time. "Oh. That's a lot," she said blankly, stating the obvious.

Tam bit back a sarcastic remark and nodded. "Yep. Uh, at least we're all set for next week?"

"And probably the week after that," Biana muttered. She yawned, despite the fact it was only a little later than 5. "Anyways. I-uh- I'm gonna do the laundry." Suddenly her eyes flew open and she turned around wildly. "Where's Adara?" she asked frantically.

"Calm down," Tam said, placing a comforting hand on Biana's shoulder. She leaned into his touch and he continued, "Ada's sleeping. She refused to take a nap until about 3 and then promptly conked out." He laughed softly.

Biana exhaled in relief. "Oh, good. I can't believe I forgot about her, I must be a terrible mother--"

"Bi, come on. You know that's not true," Tam said, shaking his head firmly.

Biana made a noise in protest, opening her mouth, about to say something-- probably disagree. 

Tam cut her off. "Bi, you are. You've been working 25/7 nowadays, come on. Catch a break."

"I can't catch a break," Biana protested, her gaze flicking to the laundry room meaningfully. "I need to do the laund--"

"I'll do the laundry," Tam said. "Don't worry, I'll handle it. You do something else, take a shower or a nap or whatever, just relax."

Biana shook her head. "But--"

"But nothing," Tam said lightly, leading her to their bedroom. "You deserve a rest and you're getting one. I'll take care of Ada and do the laundry and--"

"And you also need to vacuum," Biana added.

"And I'll also vacuum," Tam finished. He gave Biana a gentle shove into the bedroom, closing the door behind her.

Silence. Then Biana whispered from behind the door, "Thank you," before leaving, her feet making soft thumps against the carpet.

Tam smiled despite himself, walking back to the kitchen to finish sorting the groceries away. After putting the final box of cookies on a shelf-- Biana had gotten 4 boxes of the exact same flavor and he wasn't sure if that was intentional or not-- he turned his attention to the giant pile laundry.