𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

25 days until Christmas

... and Y/N was on the verge of tears.

Rejection she could live with but rejection from Remus was a different story. When both of them had acknowledged they were soulmates, the bond between them became stronger- it was unspoken fact between them.

After Remus had apparated back to Merlin knows where, she was left to walk the cold and long distance by herself from the Shrieking Shack.

In her fantasy reality, Remus would have gone up to her and kissed her lips with a fiery passion that left them wanting more. In a different reality, he wouldn't have rejected her. They'd be snuggled up by the fire drinking hot chocolate or coffee, talking about Christmas- one of her favorite holidays.

On the way back, Y/N's throat tightened and burned with the threatening tears that so badly wanted to make themselves known.

She wanted to scream in the open air; scream at Remus, scream at herself for being so stupid. The only thing she could do was stare numbly ahead. A bark was heard and she looked around confused until she landed eyes on the black dog; Sirius.

He transformed and he was still in his dirty prison uniform.

"Hello," she said. The older man could automatically sense something was wrong. He had grown to care for the selfless girl when she had begun to feed him back to nourishment.

"What's the matter?" Sirius asked her.

"Apart from the fact that you catfished me, I'm perfectly fine," she said semi-bitterly.

"What do you mean I catfished you. I didn't give you a fish?" he was confused at her reference.

She couldn't help but laugh, "You pretended to be someone you weren't. You tricked me into thinking you were only a dog," she explained.

He looked down in shame, "Sorry about that, dear. I didn't know if I could trust you," he said. "It's alright," she muttered.

Looking around, he expected to see Remus with her. They had seemed pretty cozy last night which added to his confusion.

"Where's Remus?" he asked but regretted it almost instantly as soon as he saw the girl's face turn into one of pain.

"He ditched me," she shrugged her shoulders. She wanted nothing to do with him right now.

"He ditched me because he thinks he's a monster. No matter how hard I tried to tell him-" her voice cracked, but she wanted to avoid the 'why' question. It would make her breakdown even more.