𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

*smut warning ahead!

On the 25th of February when the trio had returned from their afternoon training, they were pleasantly surprised to see Hedwig perched on the couch holding a letter in her beak. She saw her owner's family and cooed before flying over to Sirius and landing on his head and dropping the letter in his awaiting hands.

As he opened the letter and read it, various emotions passed through his face but eventually settled on one- happiness. Whatever Harry had written them was positive unlike the last time when he'd sent them a letter about being anonymously chosen from the Goblet of Fire. He handed the couple the letter to read next and went to go fetch some treats for the snowy owl.

Sirius, Y/N and Remus:

Yesterday was the second task which involved having to swim in the Black Lake and retrieve a person who is dear to us. Mine was Ronald and Viktor Krum's was surprisingly Hermione. For a few solid minutes I thought I was going to die as I ended having to save Fleur's little sister as well and the gillyweed I used was starting to wear off. Incendio saved my life and I am proud to announce I placed first along with Diggory. Professor Ambrose was the one who suggested I used the gillyweed as my method, but let's just say I won't take his advice to heart next time.

The last task is in three months' time and I'm nervous for who will win. Cedric Diggory is quite the competition, so if anyone is going to beat me I hope it will be him. I hope to see your guys' familiar faces there!

Love
Harry

"I'm glad he's okay," she mumbled as she set the letter down. It sounded like quite the eventful task and they wished they could have been there to see it, but duty called. "That kid has had quite a few brushes with death, it's a miracle he's still sane," Remus agreed with her. Sirius grabbed them each a glass of firewhisky and held his up. "To Harry and his success!"

Y/N shook her head, "Is his achievement just an excuse for you to drink?" Sirius narrowed his eyes at her, "No! I am celebrating my godson being the best damn competitor out there," he defended himself. "You're celebrating a person that's not even here?" Remus went along with Y/N with a smile.

"He is here in spirit," he said. Y/N and Remus looked at each other. There was no denying this man's logic so they clinked their glasses together, "To Harry!" Throwing back the drink, they set the cups down and took a breather from the throat-burning liquid.

Hedwig waited patiently as everyone wrote a response back to the young competitor. Y/N asked him if he had yet to kick someone's ass and promised they'd be there. During their meeting today, she had reminded Moody of their absence on that day because he had quite the habit of forgetting things to his advantage. "I know, I know. Now get out of my face and kick your little boyfriends ass," he waved her away grumpily.