𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

Sitting on a thick plaid picnic blanket, they admired the sunflower patch before them

Sitting on a thick plaid picnic blanket, they admired the sunflower patch before them. A light breeze drifted through, making the flowers lean in the direction of the wind much like Y/N was leaning on Remus. It was funny how nature worked at times. Young flowers always lean in the direction of the light to grow to their full capacity and then sitting in one place once they're grown; sun tracking. Humans were like that in many ways as well, especially soulmates. They leaned on their mate and grow as a person, eventually settling on a steady pace with their loved one.

"They say that sunflowers represent adoration, luck, and loyalty- all of which are nouns I associate most with you," Remus told her softly as he picked one of the large sunflowers, taking out his wand and casting a longevity charm on it. "That's funny because I also associate those words with you," she smiled at him. He pressed a gentle kiss to her lips before placing the flower behind her ear, tucking it so that it wouldn't fall.

She was unfamiliar with where they were but she was certain they were still in the United Kingdom based on the accents she heard when they had picked up their food from a local cafe that she had wished she could have spent more time in, but the sight from now was much better. Quietness, tranquility, flowers, and Remus. They all blended together perfectly to create their own personal paradise.

"I found this place when I was out exploring one day. It was just one week after James and Lily passed away and this place brought me so much joy. I came by as much as I could, but eventually I got occupied by jobs I couldn't keep." He was leaning back on one hand, the other holding Y/N. His hair was flying back and he looked to be at peace.

They were settled in the middle of the sunflower farm and no one was here as if it were meant to be only them. "There used to be this daisy patch at my house. I took care of it better than I took care of myself. I sat there for hours, plucking out trash that had fallen in it and watering them," she smiled fondly at one of the only nice memories she had of her childhood. "What happened?" he asked, sensing there was more to the story.

"My parents said they were useless weeds and dug them out the next day. I was mad at them for weeks." Laughing bittersweetly, she picked at the dwarf sunflowers that littered the ground. "I would have cursed them," he said, lightening up the mood. "I was tempted, but I was overcome with grief more than anything." He smiled at her before laying down on the blanket. Laying on him with her head resting on his chest, they stared up into the clear sky that wasn't too bright or too dark- it seemed like everything was in their favor.

Small cottontail rabbits ran around in between the tall stems, playing with each other. "Can you believe it's already been over a year since we met and we're coming up on being together for a year? It seems like it was just yesterday I was captivated by my new fellow colleague." He was stroking her arm with the tips of his fingers and she was sent into a whirlwind of memories; seeing vivid images of the new, handsome stranger in tattered robes that she had cursed herself for liking way too fast, but her soul was much stronger and with good reason.