𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦

As always, it started off as a perfect day with nothing out of the ordinary but it seemed like destruction and utter chaos always started like that

Take most natural disasters for example. People go on with their lives just like they do everyday. Wake up, care of their family members, eat, and do other normal routine things. As much as we like to repeat the phrase 'expect the unexpected', we don't really anticipate anything bad happening. It's ingrained in our mind that just because something didn't happen yesterday or the day before that, then nothing is going to happen today either.

That is until disaster strikes...

Y/N had quickly come to find out that working in an office was completely and utterly boring. On the bright side, Remus and Sirius would pop in and visit her as much as they could and they always made fun of her because the 'work' Moody had assigned to her was literally organizing all the stupid rolls of parchment from all the missions in alphabetical order. "Not quite the job you envisioned for yourself, Snowy?" Sirius asked her with a grin as he rested his legs on the desk.

It was already eight in the afternoon when he had shown up at her office. Most of their missions had involved going out at night and Y/N, not wanting to be home alone, worked way later than what she was originally supposed to. For a few weeks, she had Harry as company but school had returned and she wouldn't admit she was terrified of the old house so she usually got caught up with the next day's work load.

"Yeah well at least I didn't turn my partner into a toad," she bit back and his feet hit the floor. "It was an accident!" Y/N simply couldn't help herself when she had gotten to the B section and had seen a few scrolls with the missions that dear old Sirius Black had been on. Just last week he was meant to go scope out Malfoy Manor and ended up turning Tonks into a toad in attempts to conceal themselves.

"Amateur," she laughed at him. "At least I'm on missions!" He said with his arms crossed like a child. She picked up the item closest to her which was a quill and threw it at him. "What did the poor quill do to you, darling?" Remus' voice floated into the room. Y/N beamed and looked up to see him dressed nicely as always.

He walked over to her and pressed a kiss to her lips and they could hear Sirius gag. "Go get yourself a girlfriend, Sirius... or a boyfriend- whatever you're into! A dog, maybe?" She questioned when she pulled away from her fiance. He rolled her eyes at her and threw back the quill, "The only one I want is being held by some psychotic woman named Y/N. Heard of her?"

Remus and Y/N looked at each other and shrugged, "No idea," they said in unison. Remus set down the bag of food he had brought with him on the table and Sirius being the dog he was, dug into it at once. "Wow, animagi really do inherit some of their animal traits, huh?" Remus snorted and Sirius only flipped her off, returning to his food.