𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

It was 9:30 on the dot when a knock was heard on her office door

It was 9:30 on the dot when a knock was heard on her office door. Y/N groggily made her way out of bed and went out of her sleeping chamber to her office where she opened the door.

"Goodmorning, Y/N," Dumbledore smiled in amusement at the girl's disheveled appearance.

Her hair was sticking up in various directions, the shirt she had put on to sleep last night was reversed somehow and she had dark circles under her eyes.

"Morning, Professor. Come in," she said hurriedly and motioned towards the inside of her office.

Wanting to look somewhat decent in front of the headmaster, she went back into her room to fixed her shirt and hair.

The younger girl took out her wand and pointed it at her coffee machine before she sat down behind her desk and yawned.

"Those are some nasty claw marks you have there," Dumbledore stated.

She widened her eyes and her hand flew up to where the scratches were only to find the bandages gone. They must have come off sometime during the night as she slept.

"Let me guess. Werewolf?" he asked in a tone that told her he already knew. Then again, he knows all.

The only thing she could do was nod.

Dumbledore didn't say anything else about it and instead asked her how her lessons had been going. Speaking of, she needed to make her lesson plans for the next month.

"I believe Professor Lupin has taken a certain liking to you," he stated randomly which made Y/N spit out her coffee slightly.

She tried playing it off. "What makes you say that?"

"The way he looks at you perhaps. It's like he's in awe each time he sees you- especially when you come in for dinner," he said matter of factly.

"That's... nice," she said calmly yet on the inside she was anything but calm. She wished Dumbledore wasn't here so she could scream into her pillow like a teenager.

"I also believe you feel the same. Actually, I feel like you guys may be... what's the word? Going out" he said simply. He brought the cup of coffee up and with a pinky out, he sipped it with eyebrows raised. 

This time she full on choked on her saliva and started coughing violently. 

"He's a great friend. It's nice knowing someone who is also new," she played it off.