𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

It was no secret that Y/N cared more about animals than she did for people

It was no secret that Y/N cared more about animals than she did for people. Animals could rarely make you upset or say stupid things so therefore, they made the perfect furry companion. What wasn't to love about animals?

It was becoming routine for the girl to feed the black dog at night when no one else was there. Sure she could do it in the daytime but the thought alone of it felt criminal. Plus, she never saw the dog while the sun was out.

The girl wondered where the shaggy dog wandered off to in the day. She had contemplated sneaking the dog into her room, but she was scared of someone catching her.

Y/N was pleasantly surprised to notice that the dog was beginning to fill out. When she had first encountered him two days ago, he was very malnourished and his ribs were prominent despite all the fur he had.

She praised herself at the fact that she had pretty much nursed a dog back to health.

It gave her something to think about other than the upcoming date she had with Remus. Oh, and she was feeling sick again.

Y/N was not a superstitious person whatsoever, but she did notice she began to feel this way when the full moon was coming up.

However, she couldn't help but think about a certain tale she would often hear as a kid.

'Fatigue, dizziness, nausea and a short temper around a full moon means your soul was bound to that of a werewolf. Basically, they were soulmates bound to each other for life and no longer would the werewolf carry the burden of the moon on his own.'

The thought alone made he shiver and her eyes widened; she had scared herself. Her parents always warned her of the dangerous werewolves that prowled around the forests on full moons. Living next to a forest growing up, she was always told scary stories to steer her curious child mind.

They obviously stuck since she didn't even dare look out her bedroom window that had a direct view of the beautiful green trees and grass that always glistened with dew. She had even gone to the extent of putting duct tape all over the window.

She snorted at the thought and continued to pet the black dog, combing through his soft yet tangled fur. He looked up at her and tilted his head, almost as if asking her what she found so funny.

She shook her head and sighed, letting other thoughts invade her mind. Mostly about the current situation at Hogwarts. It was becoming harder and harder to stay sane.

Personally, Y/N didn't feel scared or endangered, but the fear the students wore on their sleeve was enough to unsettle her.