𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺-𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

By the beginning of July, everyone knew of Remus and Y/N's news

By the beginning of July, everyone knew of Remus and Y/N's news. Pomona had sent over a variety of socks and hats she had knitted for them, Minnie bawled her eyes out when she heard the news and all Snape had to say was: "Don't give them those blasted names you told us about." Everyone was happy that their favorite couple was expecting and all was nice over at 12 Grimmauld Place.

Sirius offered them up his parents' old bedroom to use as a nursery because it was the biggest room in the house and after all, they were having two kids. They had gone to the healers over at St. Mungos where they told her she was about eight weeks along and that she, along with her twins, were doing absolutely perfect. That was all they could have asked for.

It was as if everything had changed so suddenly and it did. Harry no longer had any nightmares or odd dreams, and the Wizarding world was calming down after the scare of You-Know-Who returning. Remus and Y/N were content with their lives- not that they already weren't, but they had more to be grateful about. Even though she had just graduated to became an auror and had fallen pregnant so sudden, she was still cleared for missions and light training for a while which made her happy.

Remus had assured her that it was okay if she wasn't ready to have a baby- much less two and that he would be with her every step of the way with whatever she chose. Y/N had never put much thought into having a family, but now that the prospect of growing old with her soulmate and raising kids with him was most definitely there, that's all she wanted. She wasn't going to lie and say she didn't not think about not having kids, but she came to her conclusion fast.

"Can we go to the Ministry today?"

Harry had walked into the kitchen where Remus, Y/N and Sirius were picking out colors for the new room. So far, they were fond of a beautiful baby green with white wallpaper that was decorated in tree branches. "For what?" Sirius had asked him, patting the seat next to him for his godson to take.

"I told Professor McGonagall that I wanted to be an auror. She said it would benefit me if I were to really see the place where actual aurors work at and get a feel for it, you know?" He asked, fidgeting slightly but it went unnoticed because Y/N and Remus had seen a baby blue color that was absolutely adorable and showed it to Sirius who said it was nice.

Y/N looked up at him with a smile, "Sorry that Sirius didn't take you last time, but I suppose we can go later on. Moody needs for me to fill out some papers regarding my pregnancy anyway," she said, laughing at the memory of Harry coming home looking solemn. When she had asked him what was wrong, he said that his godfather didn't actually have to go meet Moody that day and that he only said it as an excuse to get out of the house.

"How does two hours sound?" Remus asked them both. They nodded and Harry ran upstairs to go get changed eagerly. "He's really considering the whole auror thing, right?" Sirius asked. They had gathered all the paint samples they'd gotten from the muggle store and put them away. Remus had complained to Y/N on why they couldn't just use magic to paint. She claimed it was much more surreal if you did it yourself.