𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺

"

"... on a more serious note, and I know we've been over this many times, but please remember that you don't have to hold to your family's beliefs. Muggles and Muggle-borns are just like the rest of us, except we can do certain things they can't do. It's not a crime to like or love someone that isn't of our world. People hold them with such disregard, but it's a fact that the entire wizarding world would have died out, reduced to less than half of what we are now, if we didn't mingle with them." Y/N looked towards Draco who was deep in thought and her only hope was that he took some of the information to heart. "As we should!" A Gryffindor shouted with a fist raised to the air.

The kids filed out of the room, talking amongst themselves. "Bye, Y/N," Harry called out to her. She waved with a warm smile that the Golden Trio returned and sat down in her empty classroom with a huff. Both her and Remus had been feeling very off lately, and it wasn't because the full moon was coming up in the next week. Then again, the entire school had an off vibe. Students weren't as cheery, professors were on edge and it wasn't all because finals were coming up.

"Dumbledore said he wanted to talk to us later," Remus informed her. They were making their way back to their room after dinner and all she wanted to do was curl up in bed with her book that her and Remus were currency reading. "Uh oh," she said. Even though Professor Dumbledore was very laid back and when he wanted to talk to someone, it was almost never something bad, she couldn't help but become nervous. It was the headmaster for Merlin's sake.

"I'm sure we'll survive," he chuckled at the younger woman. "I hope so," she grunted as she threw herself on the bed, immediately reaching for her copy of 'The Picture of Dorian Gray.' Remus got into bed and opened the book, eager to spend time with her doing one of their favorite activities which was read to each other.

A knock at their door brought them out of their reading and Remus went to go open it only to reveal Dumbledore, looking very happy and his usual glint in his eye. For a brief moment she had forgotten why he was there until she remembered Remus's words from earlier. "Evening, Professor Dumbledore," she greeted him as she got off the bed to be more respectful. He nodded at her in acknowledgement and without further words, he began to walk around the small room. Remus and her looked at each other in amusement filled confusion and it was another two minutes before he finally settled in front of the couple.

"I have come because I feel you two won't be returning for next school year," he spoke. More confusion filled their faces and they awkwardly shifted their stance. It had been a long time since they last discussed their plans for the new term. Up in the air was the very big possibility of Remus not returning and Y/N was still conflicted. Teaching had become something she liked, but there were other things she wanted to focus on. "Better yet, I don't want you two to return after this year." Dumbledore spoke blankly and picked up a piece of candy that was sitting on the table then popped it into his mouth.