𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦

Remus and Y/N made their decision on the final day of April during the afternoon as they sat under a tree in the courtyard of Hogwarts but mind you, they didn't reach this decision easily because for the remainder of the five weeks they would be t...

Remus and Y/N made their decision on the final day of April during the afternoon as they sat under a tree in the courtyard of Hogwarts but mind you, they didn't reach this decision easily because for the remainder of the five weeks they would be teaching, they went back and forth with themselves internally. Remus believed he wouldn't be a good auror and also feared everything going wrong in more than one way. As for Y/N, she didn't fully know if she wanted to leave such a great job behind. In her mind, the pros outweigh the negative so she came to her final conclusion fairly quickly.

"I just don't want you to get hurt," he told her. A slight breeze in the air made their hair flow but did nothing to blow away the tension that hung in the air. Without looking at him she responded, "It's not my intention, but things are bound to happen." Frowning wasn't a good look on Remus, but it seemed that was all he'd been doing this week. Was he upset with her? No, he was just worried about losing the two most important people to him- leaving him with no one... again. It was something he was sure he couldn't handle.

A Quidditch match was going on at the pitch and they could hear the cheers from both the students as well as the Beater's bat hitting the bludger; they were practically the only ones who weren't at the last game of the year. No, they were the only ones not there. "Being an auror is unpredictable, Remus. At any given moment we can be captured and hit with an unforgivable, but if Dumbledore says we'd be a perfect fit then I trust his judgement," she continued, picking at the small patch of grass they were sitting on.

"I know that he's the greatest wizard of all time, but come on! Surely everything that he says can't possibly hold truth to it." Remus got up and was beginning to pace back and forth, hands in his pockets and head bowed. "I'm sure he says everything for a reason." she looked up at him and her heart skipped a beat. This couldn't possibly be their first argument. Something so silly. "You trust in people too much, dear." Screams erupted from the pitch which probably meant a team scored. She smiled at the memory of attending every single match for Charlie with her friends. Everything was much easier back then, but she wouldn't trade it for what she had now.

"You say it like it's a bad thing, Remus. Okay, there's the possibility of getting hurt, but I'm bound to get stuck with either you or Padfoot seeing as there aren't many aurors." She tried to make him see the bright side, but it didn't as he rubbed his face in frustration. "Why must you speak so calmly about these things?! We could lose each other and it seems like you don't care!" He threw his hands up and his breathing was labored. Y/N immediately stood up from her spot on the ground and held his face between her hands, rubbing his cheeks and pulling him close to her. "If you really don't want to do it then don't. If it puts you at ease then I won't either," she assured him.

Her ring sent an electric spark throughout his body and he shivered that calmed him at once, but continued guiding him in taking deep breaths until he could focus properly again. "You are your own independent person, my love. I won't ever take that away from you. Just because I'm weary about something... if you want to do it, then do it. No matter what it is," he spoke honestly. Knowing her background with controlling partners, he wanted her to know that he was nothing like those pricks. She was a badass woman that could dictate herself. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and rested her head on his chest to listen to his heartbeat.