𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

"Dumbledore had told me you were planning on resigning," Y/N spoke quietly at the dinner table

The woman had just remembered what Dumbledore had told her the day she went to speak to him of the incident.

As usual, she was sat between Severus and Remus- his hand being on her thigh. It was risky seeing as there was absolutely nothing covering the intimate gesture and students could easily see.

"I feared Severus might have told everyone about what I truly am. I didn't want to risk parents finding out and pulling students out on account of me. Surely they don't want an incompetent beast teaching their children," he shook his head and sipped his tea. He looked unbothered by the situation but she knew better than that.

"I do see why you would want to leave. People are cruel. Once they have their mind set on certain beliefs, there's no changing it, sadly. But, you are no beast, Remus. You're incredibly soft spoken and such a sweetheart, that shouldn't come in the way of your competence. Don't be so hard on yourself or I'll beat you up," she joked. He shook his head but had a smile on his face. She always knew how to make him feel better.

They returned to their meal, but seeing Snape out of the corner of her eye made her grin. It had been far too long since she'd bothered him.

He was facing away from her, talking to McGonagall, so Y/N tapped his arm before turning back quickly. She felt him turn but she made it look as if she were eating.

"Yes?" She asked as she finally looked up and saw his expression. He narrowed his eyes at her before shaking his head and looking away.

Stifling a laugh, she turned to Remus who had an amused look on his face. "You're such a child sometimes," he grinned at her.

6 days until Christmas:

... and finals were kicking everyone's asses. Students, professors and even the owls were stressed out.

Y/N had unfortunately seen less and less of Remus and she knew it would continue that way until after finals. Then they'd finally have time to actually spend it with each other properly.

For now, they settled on sleeping in Remus's room. They had been alternating where they slept, but she was enamored with his room for many reasons.

Firstly, it smelt like him. In the sheets, his clothes and even the damn bathroom smelt like him. Sweet yet a manly scent always engulfed her as soon as she walked in each time. Secondly, his room was simply bigger than hers.