Trust

Vivian watched as Natasha descended the ladder and hopped off. She stood with her arms crossed in the doorway and waited until Natasha turned around.

"Looking for something?" she asked in her calm, cool voice.

Natasha jumped and put her hand to her heart for a second before throwing her shoulders back and tossing her hair.

"You shouldn't sneak up on people, Vivian," she admonished. She looked guilty and Vivian knew she was up to something.

"I wasn't the one sneaking. You promised Anthony you would stay close to either him or me. What were you doing?"

"Can't a person get a little air without raising the alarms?"

"Not when a person says they are using the restroom, but goes outside instead. And not a person who has committed the felony act of kidnap and should be sitting in a jail cell rather than tagging along with a vigilante team."

Natasha narrowed her eyes at Vivian. "You people aren't ever going to get over that, are you?"

"I'm sure we will. When you start acting trustworthy and honorable."

"See, well... that's the problem. I'm not trustworthy. And I am certainly not honorable. There's a dark side of me that you people can't just ignore. You can't expect me to be like you. I'm not. I might have been once, but that person is long gone."

"We'll see. Where did you go?"

"I told you. To get some air."

"It looks to me more like you followed Detective Wolfe. What is it you want with him?"

Natasha walked over to Vivian and slowly ran a finger down her cheek. She looked her straight in the eyes.

"What I want with him is none of your concern. If you must know something, I will tell you this. Jackson Wolfe is the only person here I feel a connection with. He's the only one I feel like I might be able to relate to. I followed him because I thought he might need to talk to someone. Someone who might understand him. You people certainly don't. That blonde bimbo of a partner of his certainly doesn't."

"Doesn't what?" Macy came down the hall. She walked around Vivian and faced Natasha. "His bimbo partner doesn't what, Natasha?"

Natasha looked down at her and her lip curled upward. She crossed her arms over her chest and looked Macy back in the eyes without wavering.

"Doesn't understand or know how to handle a man like Jackson Wolfe," she purred in her sultry tone. She lifted her hand and studied her nails. "I on the other hand.... well... let's just say I can see what he needs."

Macy didn't say anything for a moment. She just stood there and stared at the tall brunette, her hands on her hips. Vivian took a step forward and opened her mouth to say something but Macy spoke first.

"I think you'd better rethink your plan of action there, you bird-brained bitch," she said very slowly, her voice still it's high, feminine tone. "If you think for one second that Jackson would have anything to do with a street whore, you don't know him at all. Let me tell you something about Jackson. Evil appalls him. People who break the law anger him. And loose women with low morals and their noses stuck so high in the air they have birds perching on them.... disgust him. So if you have your..." She visibly shuddered. ".... claws prepared to sink into my partner... why you've got yourself a lot of work to do. I would suggest you start with your wardrobe and a manicure. Then you've got some serious attitude adjusting to work on. After that, I'd give it about 10 years when maybe he won't recognize you anymore and you can pretend to be someone else entirely. Because there's more chance of a cold day in hell than there is of him having interest in the likes of you."