Snow

Macy's anger was on the rise. She was long past trying to suppress it and she had reached borderline hysteria. She couldn't see anything. The rubber bindings were cutting into her delicate wrists. She was positive she felt dampness beginning to gather there and possibly on her ankles as well. Blood. They had the audacity to cause her to bleed! To cause her pain! To hang her there like she were a slab of meat left to dry with her legs splayed.

She heard a shrill howling. It sounded distant at first, but a detached part of her calmly informed her that the sound was rising from her own throat. What even that detached part of her did not see, however, nor feel, was the temperature in the room dropping rapidly. It kept falling until well below freezing and then it fell some more. All humidity in the room froze and flurries of ice and snow swirled around her and began to build up into drifts.

The howling grew louder and the temperature dropped farther. Still she felt none of the cold. Her pale skin took on an icy bluish hue and a full on storm swirled around her, angry and cold.

Suddenly there were loud snapping and cracking sounds coming from all directions and she was abruptly yanked back into her own head when she dropped from her cross to the snow covered floor. She stayed there, in a crouched position for a moment, shocked and bewildered. Then she yanked the blind fold from her eyes, jumped to her feet, and stared around her, awestruck. The once completely darkened room was lit up with an incandescent glow, emanating from the sparkling, white snow that still swirled around her.

The storm had ceased. The howling was now silent, but the small room was covered in a blanket of white. She turned to look up at the makeshift cross she'd been bound to. She saw the rubber bindings that had frozen until they cracked, freeing her. She looked down at her wrists and her eyes traveled up to her naked body, still holding the bluish hue. It wasn't from the cold. She was completely unaffected by the cold for some reason.

She was almost too shocked to move but then her eyes caught the locked door and she quickly sprang into motion. Just as she reached the door it swung open, knocking her backwards into the snow. She looked up and stared at the person who was responsible for her humiliation and pain.

She let out a feral sounding snarl as she leapt to her feet and attacked. Her captor was caught off guard. He was paralyzed by shock and disbelief.

......

Jackson had only just closed his door and begun to turn toward the kitchen when he heard a soft knock. His eyebrow shot up. Who would be knocking on his door? Anyone with news would just dial his cell. No one just showed up at his apartment unannounced!

He drew his gun and turned back toward the door, standing off to the side as he spoke just loud enough to be heard through the thick wood. "Identify yourself or I open the door and start shooting."

"Mr. Wolfe... Detective! Please do not shoot me." A soft, very slightly accented woman's voice replied.

"Who are you and what do you want?" His faith in humanity was in the negative at that particular moment. He trusted no one.

"Detective Wolf, my name is Tya. Please. I need a word with you. You will not regret it. I assure you."

Jackson stared at the door for a moment. Was it a trap? He cocked his gun and unlocked the door, opening it just a crack. He pointed the gun straight into the face of the small, caramel-skinned woman who stood on the other side, her beautiful, green eyes illuminated with what seemed like their own light. She took a small step back when she saw the gun, but determination showed, immovable, on her face.

"Mr. Wolfe, please. Put away your weapon. I mean you no harm."

Jackson cracked the door open a bit more and looked out past her and to either side. Satisfied that there was no one waiting to spring a trap, he allowed the door to swing open enough to allow her to come inside. He motioned her forward and she took a timid step toward him and then into the apartment.

He closed the door and bolted it again as he gazed at her from under his hooded lids. She looked directly back at him, her eyes unwavering and steady. He was trying to place where he'd seen eyes like those before. When she spoke again, it hit him. Tyrone. Her accent was not nearly as noticeable, but there was definitely a hint of Jamaican in the lilt of her voice.

"I have information and news that I believe is very important to you, Detective. Will you put away your weapon so that I can tell you what I know without having to fear that you might shoot me?"

He disarmed his gun and slid it back into the holster, giving her an apologetic grin. "Very sorry, Miss...?"

"Tya. You may just call me Tya."

"Are you any relation to a man named Tyrone, Miss Tya?"

"He is my brother. My twin. Not identical obviously, but we are twins. He does not remember me. I intend to remedy that very soon."

Jackson studied her for a moment before holding his hand out to shake hers. "Pleasure to meet you, Tya." As he shook her hand a sensation washed over him that brought just a hint of peace with it, something he hadn't felt since Macy had come up missing. "For some reason I feel like you are going to be an epic piece to an ever-changing puzzle. I haven't the slightest idea what that means, so don't ask."

He grinned again and then gestured for her to have a seat in the living room. He turned toward the kitchen and was gone for a moment before returning with iced tea for them both. After handing her a glass, he sat across from her, she on the couch and he in his easy chair.

"I think I do, Detective, and thank you for the hospitality. I know that you are in a very troubling situation right now. I am glad that you chose to trust in me. I know that must be difficult for you considering what has happened."

Once again his eyes narrowed at her suspiciously. No one but the police department knew of Macy's disappearance. Why did this woman seem to know exactly what was going on? What had she come to tell him?

"I think this would be a good time for you to lay that helpful information on me, Miss Tya."

"I know what it is that you investigate, Mr. Wolfe." she began, taking a deep breath. "I know who it is that you and your partner try to track down and that you will arrest them when you find them. I also know who is behind your partner's disappearance. If you can trust me and give me your word that you will remain calm and put your partner's life above and before your job responsibilities, I can tell you how it is that I know all of these things."

 Edited.

(A/N: Maybe getting exciting now? Please vote, comment, etc. Let me hear you!)