Macy

A year later Jackson Wolfe was much more familiar with what was going on. There were other cities dealing with vigilante activity, so L.A. wasn't alone. So far, however, not a single one had been apprehended and as of yet they were still not sure how many there were or how they were able to do some of the things people claimed to see them doing.

He looked up in apprehension as he felt the atmosphere in the room shift ever so slightly. 

"Jackson, my darling!" sang Macy as she strolled into sight seductively swinging her hips. She made her way over to their joined work station and, dropping her things, came around and lifted herself up to perch her little round tush right in front of him on his desk.

Jackson leaned back in exasperation, throwing his hands up and away from the annoying person.

"Macy! I've asked you not to call me stuff like that and you almost spilled my coffee," he growled. "Get your ass off my desk!"

"Oh sweetheart! Don't be so grouchy!" She pouted, her plump, pink bottom lip puffing out, making her look even more seductive and like a sex goddess. "I've brought you a bagel. I know you won't have had breakfast!" she chirped, causing Jackson to wince. Then she hopped down and went around the desk to her side to retrieve the little white pastry bag that she had walked in swinging happily. She tossed it across to him and said, "Here, love. Eat. You need some meat on those bones and energy to keep up with me!"

He caught the bag, eyeing her warily. "God help me," he muttered to himself.

He still didn't have Detective Grey completely figured out. He wasn't sure yet if her bimbo behavior was all just an act. It didn't seem to be, but he knew that she was brilliant. Maybe even more so than he was. Her personality gave you the impression she was about as sharp as a feather, though. And the way she fawned over him and spoke to him as though they were love-lorn soul mates! It was annoying. She was annoying. Her voice was annoying. Her round butt, perfect legs and bouncy bosom were all annoying.

Jackson let out a sigh as he inspected the contents of the little paper sack. She was invaluable and he couldn't imagine doing this job without her by his side.

"Wolfe!!" Jackson jumped, almost dropping the bag. He turned around toward the Chief's office and eyed the room until he spotted him. The Chief was heading in from the hall, walking briskly toward his office and looking as grouchy and humorless as always.

"Yeah, Chief?" Jackson hollered back.

"Get yours and that little blondie partner of yours' butts in my office, immediately! I want debriefings!" the Chief barked.

Jackson stretched and stood to his feet. He dropped the white bag on his desk, figuring the bagel would have to wait. He noticed his partner with the phone in her hand, dialing, so he casually walked around the desk, took the phone out of her hand, hung it up, and gently pushed her toward the Chief's office. Macy pouted even harder than before, scrunching her eyebrows together.

"Darling, that was my manicurist!" she griped, sounding even more like a little girl and less like a cop. "Do you realize how booked she is? And my nails are deplorable!" she squeaked, looking at her perfectly polished nails as though they were about to turn and claw her eyes out of their own accord. "Jackson!"

He ignored her incessant chatter as he continued to guide her toward the Chief's office. He was used to it. Kind of. Well, actually there were days when he daydreamed about gagging her, duct taping her hands and feet, and tossing her into the Pacific. Of course that would leave him with doing all of his own paperwork, he would probably starve to death, and within a year he would probably be dead. She had already managed to get him out of trouble twice since he had known her. Still, he thought, as her chatter pelted down upon his head. Might be well worth it.