Government Officials

The minute Jackson and Macy walked back into the station, Chief Munson poked his head out.

"Wolfe!" he barked.

Jackson grinned. "Yeah, Chief! I know! Debriefings. We'll be right there."

"Don't you get smart with me, boy! I'll tan that......" The Chief's voice trailed off as he disappeared back into his office and shut the door.

Jackson looked at Macy and sighed as he put his gun and keys away in his desk. She had picked up her phone and started to dial. "I just hope she has an appointment open for me. I cannot go another..." She squeaked as Jackson gently took the phone from her and placed it back on the receiver. He took her by the elbow and pushed her toward the Chief's office. "Jackson Wolfe! That was my manicurist! Why on Earth do you always do that? Do you have any idea how busy she is? Look at my nails!" She looked at her perfect nails in absolute horror. Jackson just continued guiding her to the Chief's office, tuning out her tirade.

He knocked on the door and the Chief yelled for them to come in. He opened the door, turning toward Macy and then rolled his eyes when he found her already engrossed in a conversation with another female cop. How does she DO that? He asked himself, before reaching back and taking her by the wrist. He gave a quick tug and she flew past him into the Chief's office where he scooted a chair up behind her, making her sit.

"Jackson!" She sat there, her mouth open. "Chief! Jackson is man-handling me! Make him stop it!"

"Wolfe!" The Chief was just hanging up his phone. "If you so much as cause my little rose petal to frown, I swear to all that is holy...." he growled at Jackson.

"Chief, I did not man handle her. I simply nudged..." He didn't get any further before Macy began to sob. He stared at her completely amazed. She wasn't really....

Macy wailed and he winced. Yep. She was.

"Wolfe!" the Chief roared.

Jackson threw his hands up in exasperation.

Finally Macy launched into his lap and hugged him. "Oh, sweetie. You are so good to me. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to tattle on you. I don't know what's come over me lately. I..."

Jackson rolled his eyes and gently pushed her back into her own chair. "Macy. Can we debrief, please? Maybe I'll let you maul me when we finish."

She stared at him in complete shock. Jackson just grinned at her and winked.

"I love you, darling," she said to him softly.

"I know." 

"Will you two quit acting like newly-weds and fill me in already!" They both jumped and turned back to the Chief.

Jackson gave him a summary of everything they'd found out. He left out the dizzy spells and strange episodes of nearly passing out. He didn't want to have to answer questions about his health or sleeping habits. He needed to figure out what was going on without anyone breathing down his neck about it. He also filled the Chief in about their Father Time theory.

Chief Munson seemed satisfied with their progress. He was particularly busy, but that wasn't surprising with the disappearance of one of L. A’s biggest crime lords and Macy's recent kidnap. The disappearance of Natasha was something he wanted solved immediately. He didn't understand why his most prime suspect had been spirited away by the vigilantes. Now he seemed even more determined to arrest them.

Jackson left Macy to chew the Chief's ear and walked over to the coffee pot. His mind was wandering back to the weird dizziness and his strange reaction to the mention of the elusive Father Time. He sipped his coffee as he walked back over to his desk.