Meeting

At around 11AM, Tyrone arrived at Harley's office door. He knocked and then poked his head in when he heard his boss' voice on the other side tell him to enter. Seeing that no one else was in the office, he went in and took a seat across from Harley and nodded.

"What'cha got for me, my boy?" Harley asked. When Tyrone had called him earlier he had let him know there was a business inquiry that he needed to speak to him about.

"A special order, Boss. A couple. Very nice people. Dey be wanting a car, you know. I don know what it be for but dey say dey want it untraceable. Dey seem to be okay to me. Dey say dey from Texas. One pretty lady. She's... wow."

"What do we know about them? Any details?" Harley was never worried about under-cover cops. He'd insured himself against that. "They have money?"

"Oh, plenty. Beeg fat wallet, you know? Dey say dey were told to talk to me. Say da guy told dem dey weren't to tell me who he be so... you know... I don keel him."

"Yeah. Guess I can't blame the guy. Must've been someone we've worked with in the past. Not unusual, really. So! They are looking' for something reVinned. They want it re-registered, too?"

"You bet, Boss. Dis will cost dem, yeh?"

"Damn right it will!" Harley looked thoughtful for a moment. "Wonder what they are using it for." He chuckled and looked at Tyrone. "Always stirs up curiosity in me when people need something like that. Makes me wonder what they're up to!"

Tyrone just nodded. He wanted to get this conversation over with. He didn't care for his boss very much and in his presence was one of his least favorite places to be. 

"Well, I think this may be providing us with the perfect opportunity to set my trap!"

Tyrone's brows went up a little. "Trap, Boss?"

"Yep! I'm going to catch me one of those vigilante assholes who've been messing with us. I want to get my hands on one and send the same kind of message I sent the cops. I don't like anyone snooping around in my affairs. So I'm thinking about a trap. Send a couple boys out to steal a high profile vehicle. Send you and a couple others out after them to hang back and watch. If one of those freaks show up and tries anything, you boys'll take 'em down."

"Dat sounds... a bit risky. Doz people... Dey have de powers, you know?"

Harley's laughter came roaring out of him and seemed to bounce off the walls. Tyrone grinned. He realized that his boss didn't believe the rumors that these people had any kind of special powers. Maybe he was right and they didn't. But on the other hand, what if they did?

"Those freaks aren't anything more than skilled geeks in costumes trying to bring their comic book fantasies into reality. The best thing they got going for them is the element of surprise and the shock factor. They don't have 'super-powers', boy! There's no such thing. This is going to be easy."

Tyrone shrugged. "I will do as you say. We will see. I have arranged to meet dis... Couple from Texas tonight. We will work out details. I will be lettin’ you know how dis go. I can set dis trap you want me to set. I will do it when we go get dat car for dem. Sounds good?"

"That sounds like a plan, kid. Call me after you talk to them."

Tyrone stood to go. As he was turning toward the door it swung open and Natasha entered the office, her hips swaying seductively. "Well hello, Tyrone." She gave him a sultry look as she crossed the room. "Just the guy I was hoping to bump into."

"Hello, lady." He nodded. "What business you have wit me?"

"You work so hard. Why don't you have a drink with me tonight? Relax a little. Have some fun."