The Team

Tyrone was flabbergasted with how the meeting had gone with the Texas couple. He hadn't really accomplished anything. Not because he hadn't tried. The ladies had been at each other the whole time, interrupting the conversation and making things difficult. Even when he and Mr. Marlen had been able to get into a conversation, he seemed to be more interested in the vigilante rumors than in discussing business.

Tyrone was beginning think that maybe these Texas people were on a different speed than. They didn't seem to be in any hurry. There was no sense of urgency. This was strange, considering the nature of business they were interested in doing.

Needless to say, things were still pretty much up in the air by the time they all decided to wrap it up and meet again the next day. He was in a dark mood as he escorted Natasha to the car. 

She was taunting him. Flashing him bits of flesh and making suggestive remarks. He was a man. He had the boss' blessing. What was holding him back? Why am I being a bitch about dis situation? He asked himself as he gave the beautiful, dark-haired vixen a once over. He was helping her into the car, appreciating her ever-long legs as her dress scooted higher up her thigh as she entered the vehicle.

He got in the driver's seat and looked at her. "Where to, lady? Back to de bungalow?"

"You aren't going to take me back to your place and ravish me?" She pouted at him.

"I don't tink dat would be... eh... wise. No. I will drop you off." He started the engine, his decision final, albeit still a mystery to him. Tyrone usually had no issues about bedding whatever Barbie-doll beauty that landed within reach of his charms. What was different about this one? Was it that she was his boss' favorite girl? Was it her lack of morality? It had to be something.

He glanced over at her as he pulled the car out of the lot. She looked like she was fuming. You be on her shit-list now, bro! The thought made him chuckle. One thing he did know was that the woman was not used to rejection. She seemed to want him badly enough. His resistance seemed like it was going to eat her alive.

"Hey, lady," he began, smiling at her. "I hope you don tink I am... not willing because you are lacking. You are very beautiful... I am just, you know, a cautious man."

"You are an idiot. That's what you are, Tyrone!" she spat at him, causing him to swerve the car a little. "You have no idea who you are toying with. You hesitate because you are afraid of that worthless filth, Harley. You'll soon learn who you should be loyal to."

Tyrone was completely thrown off guard by her words and remained silent for the rest of the short trip to the bungalow. He was a gentleman and escorted her to the door, but when he started to say something to her (an apology? anything to smooth things over) she stepped inside and slammed the door in his face, leaving him standing there with his mouth open.

He shook his head and turned back toward his car. "Women! Dey make a man be wantin to shoot heemself!"

.....

"He is with her." The Oracle had her eyes closed. She was sitting on a small cushion, surrounded by five people. The Falcon and four others. They were his "team", so he liked to call them. His only friends.

"You say she is a 'super' and she doesn't know yet?" the leader of the small band of heroes asked her. He was a tall, powerful man. He had white hair that contrasted with his perfectly smooth, youthful skin. He had the ability to manipulate energy. Although that sounded vague it really wasn't. It took him many years to develop and learn to use his power. He would be the first to admit that he was still learning.

"She has some kind of control over ravens. I have privately been referring to her as 'The Raven'. I do not know exactly what she can do with them. It is most likely your average ability to call and control a specific animal." Her eyes opened and she looked around her at each of the people surrounding her. "We must retrieve my brother before she discovers she has this special ability. Once she knows, she will become far more difficult to deal with."