FTE

Everyone looked up as Natasha sashayed into the room with Vivian close behind her. Anthony raised an eyebrow and looked at Vivian.

"She insisted on speaking to you, Tony," Vivian said with an exasperated glance in Natasha's direction.

"Detective Macy Grey, meet Vivian Ross." Anthony turned toward Macy who stood and extended her hand. "I believe you've already met Natasha."

Macy shook Vivian's hand and then looked at Natasha disinterestedly. "I've met her. She's a deplorable kidnapper." Macy eyed Natasha up and down. "Amongst other things."

Natasha hissed at Macy and Vivian held onto her arm, holding her in place as she tried to take a step toward her little blonde nemesis. She visibly put her temper in check and shrugged out of Vivian's grip. She turned toward Anthony. There was determination on her face. She did not intend to take "no" for an answer.

"I'm going with you," she said, planting a foot firmly and crossing her arms. "You are not going to leave me locked in my room with nothing to do. I can help."

Anthony looked surprised. He glanced over at Vivian again and she just shrugged at him.

"Natasha, you aren't ready to go on missions, my dear. You haven't even discovered your ability. You still possess a horrid attitude and you refuse to believe or accept any of this. I don't think...."

"If I go with you, maybe the excitement will bring it to the surface, this 'ability' you claim I possess," Natasha interrupted him. She didn't want to give him a chance to turn her down. If he did it would be difficult to get him to change his mind.

"That might be true, but we can't trust you. You may endanger the mission."

"That's exactly what I told her, but she wouldn't listen," Vivian said.

"Look. I give you my word." Natasha spoke directly to Anthony, ignoring Vivian. She looked him right in the eye. "Have I not kept my word thus far, Tony?"

"Yes, you have, but this is highly..."

"Let her come." Everyone turned in surprise. Especially Natasha. It was Macy who had spoken. "I say we let her come along," she continued in her girly little voice. She shrugged and looked around at her new friends. "She deserves a chance to prove herself and she's right. I mean... I discovered my ability because of the situation she put me in." She turned and gave Natasha a look of disgust. Then she turned back to the others. "I think we should let her come. Give her a chance to prove herself. If she tries to run away, well.... we can kill her." She grinned wickedly at the tall brunette.

"Kill me!" Natasha looked outraged for a moment before remembering that the horrid little woman was actually arguing for her, not against her. "Ugghh! Whatever. I'm not going to try to escape. I want to come with you guys. I want to see what you do. Maybe something will click, then."

Anthony looked back and forth between Natasha and Macy. "Are you two that eager to spend time together? I had the impression that you detested one another."

"She dresses like a tramp!"

"She acts like a slut!"

Both of the women had spoken at the same time. Then they turned and glared at each other. They both started to yell at each other, but then stopped just as abruptly when they realized they were both talking again.

Finally Natasha just gave Anthony a pleading look and stepped closer to him. "Listen, Tony. I admit I'm a pain in the ass. I admit I've made horrible choices. But if you give me this chance, I promise I won't make you regret it. In fact, I'll try to make you glad you said yes. I swear."