Escapee

Macy Grey was a hissing, projectile missile as she attacked the pudgy, pig-faced man standing in the doorway, frozen in shock. He tried to wield a clipboard he'd been holding as a shield, but she knocked it from his hands, sending it crashing into the wall behind him. Deprived of his shield, he tried to fend her off with his arms, but she was fast and furious. A string of high-pitched profanities and rebukes flowed from her mouth as she brought the weak and useless piece of filth to his knees and then twisting him deftly, she slammed him face first into the tiled floor. His glasses had been doing their utmost to hang on for dear life, but finally they let go and went the way of the clipboard.

She had straddled him, twisting his arms painfully behind his back. He squealed and began begging for mercy. 

"What's the matter, you big, tough-guy? Not so tough anymore? Oh! Am I hurting you?" She twisted his arms up even farther causing him to squeal some more. "Why don't I hang your doughy ass on that cross, naked, and see how much you enjoy it? Huh? What do you say, pig-man?"

"P-please, n-no, Miss! Let me go... ow ow ow owwwwww, please!!"

Suddenly his arms became encased in ice, securing them behind him and his legs became a big block of ice as well. "Where are my things?" she shrieked at him.

He seemed confused and was blubbering incoherently, "Wh-wha...?"

"My CLOTHES you bastard! Where are my belongings? You'd better start talking or I'll fill your nose and throat with ice as well!"

He wailed and finally told her that everything they'd grabbed when they picked her up, along with what she'd had on, was in a room down the hall in a cupboard. This would mean that her purse, coat, shoes, and clothing, along with the dark wig she'd been wearing, would all be there. That was if they had taken everything she'd had on her when she walked into her bedroom. Her gun! Her phone! She said a silent prayer in hopes that they had left both items with her purse.

Macy wanted to ask him more questions, but she wasn't sure how many people were in on it with him, or how much time she had before someone else made an appearance. She left the shivering, bawling coward face down, bound by thick blocks of ice. It would take hours for him to thaw, especially with the temperature as chilly as it was in the building.

Macy moved completely on instinct, sprinting down the hall and into the room he'd indicated. It was just a small break room with microwave, water cooler, some counters, a fridge, and a small sink. She tore open the cupboards and found her things stuffed inside one of them.

As quickly as she could, she pulled on her clothing and boots. She grabbed her purse and upon finding her gun, she strapped it on with a small prayer of thanks. After shoving the wig inside her coat, she drew the gun and checked the clip. It was still loaded. They had never expected her to free herself. That was for certain. She didn't have time, yet, to ponder the miracle of her escape. That would have to wait. She poked her head out and looked up and down the hall. It was stark white and silent.

She moved quietly in the opposite direction of where she'd left the pig-faced man. His moans and sobs grew faint as she made her way down hallway after hallway, not sure where she was or how to get out. Suddenly a thought dawned on her and she reached into her purse. There it was. Her hand closed over her cell phone and she withdrew it. It was turned off, probably so as not to alert anyone to her whereabouts via the GPS tracker. She continued to move quietly as she waited for the phone to boot up.

Suddenly she heard voices. They were accompanied by footsteps and were approaching from just up the hall and around the next corner. She threw up a silent prayer that one of the rooms she'd passed would be unlocked. The first one she tried opened, allowing her to enter the dark room and quietly close the door. Her heart was beating so fast, she was afraid they would hear it and discover her. She wasn't able to make out how many people walked by, but it sounded like three of four. She heard a woman's voice amongst them.