Kidnapped Kidnappers

Jackson placed his hands on either side of Macy's hips and lifted her down from the truck. He wanted to pull her to him and feel her warm mouth against his again, but he resisted the urge and let her go. She had been quiet during the drive, allowing him to concentrate on the morning traffic. It was worrying him, her unusual silence. He knew something was wrong, but she wasn't ready to discuss it yet.

He hoped they hadn't done anything horrific to her while they had held her captive. If they had hurt her... He had noticed her sore wrists but refrained from asking her about them. He hadn't asked her about anything that had happened to her. He figured that if she wanted to talk about it, to tell him, she would. He sighed as he moved to follow her into the station. She probably just needed some time. Being abducted was traumatizing. She most likely needed to go and have a session with the police counselor. As if she would be talked into that!

When they walked in the entire place erupted in cheers. Everyone stood and clapped. As Macy walked by the people who could reach her pulled her in for hug after hug. Everyone expressed their relief that she was home safe.

Macy smiled and hugged back, thanking everyone. "Where's the Chief?" she asked someone after a few minutes.

One of the female officers informed them that the Chief was down harassing the people who had been charged with her kidnap. Macy and Jackson exchanged a surprised look. The Chief didn't interrogate suspects. Not anymore. Not for years. He ran things. He didn't investigate. Jackson shrugged. He wasn't surprised. He'd seen the expression of worry on the old guy's face when she was missing. He knew the Chief loved Macy like she was his own daughter.

"I guess we'd better go down there and make sure he doesn't kill anyone, honey, don't you think?" Macy looked up at Jackson, smiling. He nodded. He was more than anxious to find out who these people were and their motives for what they had done. After that, he planned to beat the living shit out of every one of them until they each hardly even knew their own names.

They headed down to the interrogation rooms. Macy didn't seem reluctant to see them. She had only laid eyes on one of them, so she had no idea who the others were. She only knew that there were 3 or 4 more and that one was a woman. The man she had surprised and beat up before she escaped had yet to be apprehended. 

When they reached the interrogation area they found out that there were only two men that had been caught and turned over to the police. Macy's brow furrowed and she looked at Jackson. "I know what I heard." she said to him. "There was a woman, too. And when they were going down the hall it was definitely more than two voices that I heard. One was female. I'm absolutely certain."

Jackson nodded. He believed her. "Maybe she escaped?" he suggested.

"No way! There's no way. I can understand why they didn't get Pig-man. He was still in the building, ummm... incapacitated. They caught the ones in the car out looking for me... There's just no way anyone would have escaped. They had it handled."

"Well, I guess we'll have to hunt down one of our new friends and find out the story. Let's see what these two clowns have to say first, though."

The guard unlocked the first room, allowing them entry. The Chief was sitting across from a miserable looking man who glanced up at them and whimpered when he saw Macy. Jackson stared at him. Where had he seen this guy before? He looked overwhelmingly familiar. Suddenly a thought hit him smack in the forehead and he turned back around and knocked for the guard without saying a word.

"Jackson?" Macy called after him. "Sweetie, where..."

"I need to see about something. Give me a sec," he replied as he walked out and closed the door. He went to the other interrogation room and the guard let him in. The other suspect was sitting by himself looking equally as miserable as his partner next door. Jackson glared down at him. He had been right.