Chapter 29 : A Deal

CHAPTER 29

He moved towards us while shoving his hands in the pocket of his pants and glaring me. Mr. Peterson and Harris immediately stood up from their seats and walked to him.

“Mr. Carter.” My boss spoke and gave his hand for a handshake to Chris.

Harris followed Mr. Peterson and spoke while shaking hands with him “we never expected it’d be you. It’s such a surprise for us.”

Chris moved his eyes from Harris to me while shaking hands with him and said “yeah, sometimes unexpected things do happen.”                                                                                                                                                                                            

I felt my skin generating Goosebumps with his stare over me and to avoid it I shake my head and eyed every object placed in the room.

“Please take a seat Sir.” Mr. Peterson spoke while offering him his own seat.

He sat on the chair facing me. I suddenly felt my heart sinking into ground as I couldn’t look over him.

“Peterson” I hear his stern voice spoke

“yes, sir?”  My boss spoke while coming forward and stood beside the man sitting across me.

“I’d like to have some words with Miss Roberts in person.”

What is he up to? He’ll kill me with his stares if I’ll be left alone with him. But being in a place where no one else knows our past, I decided to keep my mouth shut. I heard the door close and now I felt an eerie silence that was driving me crazy as all I was looking since past ten minutes is my shoes under my table and all the moments those were happening here since past ten minutes are my guesses.

“Aren’t you going to look at me?” I hear him speak after what seemed like ages.

I gulped and raised my chin to see his cold stare moving on my entire features. I couldn’t speak anything, my lips seemed to glued and all I did was stare over him.

“Your hair is shorter now” he spoke while looking at my hair. I couldn’t make a good hairstyle due to the meager time I had in the morning and left them falling over my chest.

“Yeah, I got a haircut.”

He nodded and said “you look sexier than ever in this”

I had an urge to smile and say thanks but I controlled myself and settled for just a nod. This is very difficult to settle for a nod after receiving such a good compliment from a hot men.

I move my eyes from his ruffled hair which seemed longer than before as it fell above his forehead to his sharp nose with has the same audacity like two years ago. But I didn’t like the beard on his face, he looks someone from stone age , many female thinks it’s hot but it honestly gives me nausea.

“You never came back” he spoke and I halted my gawking

“Huh?”

“You heard me. You left me and never came back to me.”

My blood started evaporating and I recalled the day I discovered his lies and my reaction went from meek to angry. Now his stares weren’t giving me shivers, because I imagine the same Chris sitting here who lied to me two years ago, whom I’m so annoyed on.

 “You lied to me Chris.” I spoke

He jumped from his position and leaned on the table and said