Chapter 25 : Betrayal

CHAPTER 25

what the hell are you doing here?” I growled and stood up

He opened his mouth but couldn’t blurt anything.

“you said you’re a cameraman. What is it?”

Again the same reaction. No words.

Irritated I yelled “what is it Chris?”

I just wanted to storm out of this place but I was going nowhere without getting the answer to my question.

He stood and came to my side to hold my shoulder but I stepped back. I have my anger at its highest notch. Was I being lied all over this period? He told me he’s a cameraman but here he’s sitting in chamber of product head. Is this place a fraud or is this man standing in front of me a fraud?

“i..i was going to..tell you” finally he blurted

And this encouraged my anger even much more. How could he do that to me? How could he lie to me all this time.

I held my head in my hand and close my eyes to analyze the thought of me being betrayed. I couldn’t stand  this thought. I love this man, and he lied to me all the time. Since the day we met.

“you’re the son of Charles carter? The heir of this company? And not a cameraman?”

“yes” he said without meeting my eyes.

“ Chris..Why?”  I whispered as my voice broke in between .

I sat on the chair holding my face in my hand  my mind only thought of one thing. He befooled me. He lied to me not once but the whole time. Why did he lied to me?

He kneeled in my front and cupped my face to make my eyes meet his gaze.

“I was going to tell you” he whispered again.

“When? you lied to me Chris…you..befooled me. you’ve been lying to me since the day we’ve met. I told you everything about me, my past and you never bothered yourself to tell me the truth even once” my voice that was shaking initially ended up with a growl.

“I told you in the morning that I wanted to tell you something. I’ve always wanted to tell you this..but I never gathered confidence i-“

“out of these seven months we’ve been staying together you never gathered enough confidence to once tell me that, you’re the Chris Carter.” I shouted

he hung his head low and said “I’m sorry baby”

I stood up once again and placed my hand on my hips and said “ I have been trying to get a job and told you countless times that ‘Chris don’t work like maniacs’ I thought my dear love do not own enough money to have a  house as he wants. So I wanted to earn as soon as possible and save as much as to help you to own OUR house. Now tell me whose foyer is that?”

He wiped his face and said “it’s mine”

“very good. Very very good liar you are. I’m glad i found out myself or you would have never bothered to tell me”

“I was going to tell you Grace”

“when after having  few more intercourses with me? By playing with me and my trust a little more? Tell me how did you-

He stormed towards me and held me shoulder and growled “do not spell it again . I never had mere sex with you. I  always made love to you, I love you so much baby”

I shrugged that led his hands to fall to his side.

“thanks for letting me know. I thought even that was a lie”