Chapter 40 : Friends give you the best moments

• Dedicated to youandyourbestfriend

This chapter is for you and your best friend. Today's my best frnz's b'day and what a fine day it is to update a chapter like this. Hope you enjoy this as much as i did while i wrote this.
Picture of the beautiful Jill on side. How's it??

only a few more chapters, thanks for showing your support so far. HAppy Readings !!

PS: read the author's note at the end.

**********

CHAPTER 40

************

"Grace" I heard the voice and turn to see the face I've been dying to meet since last two weeks.

"Harry!" I chirped cheerily as I approach him open handed.

We hugged each other happily and just before I could place a kiss on his cheek as I usually did when we met, it stroked me and I pulled away from him. I promised Chris I'd never share even a kiss on cheek with him. So here I'd keep my promise.

Harris smiled with narrowed eyes. Surely he did not expect a sudden change of behavior from. However he can be mature at times, so he just shrugged and ask the question I never wanted to answer.

"Where have you been?" he asked haphazardly.

I could see concern spread all over his face. Harris gets worried very easily.

As much as I wanted to tell him that I missed him a lot and wanted to talk to him so... much I cannot. I cannot tell him about why not I contacted him. I just don't want him to be felt offended by letting him know Chris asked me not to communicate with him until he gets over his assumptions.

Since I'm very bad at dodging the questions I answered the in the most ridiculous way anyone could.

"I have been here only... in New York." I said nonchalantly

He intrudes my face with a pile of confusion and I see he wants to say many things but could not blurt anything. I feel so low of me to hide the facts from my best friend and especially when it is concerned about him.

"But why didn't you talk with me? You know I was worried about you. How have you been?" he asked shoving his hands in his jeans pants.

"I have been well Harry. Sorry for getting you worried." I said with an apologetic smile.

This is the first time in my life I'm behaving like this. I cannot face him after my pathetic behavior. We have been best friends since two years and here I've not only stopped communicating him but I'm dodging all the questions he's asking to me. I never lied to Harris, if I ever did not want to tell him anything I just told him 'let's no talk about this'. But here I cannot say it because what I did was wrong and again what I am doing is wrong.

His expression changes into a sad one as I wonder what he must be thinking of me.

"But why did not you call me or... anything? He thought a minute before blurting the anything.

" I.. was busy.. kind of...how are you here by the way?" and this came out of my mouth when I was clue less what to blurt out. Pain painted all over his face before he cleared his throat and said.

"I'm here for a business meeting. I'm supposed to meet someone on behalf of my client."

I could see he wanted to ask so many questions but he simply avoided eye contact. He kept on staring at the ground and I wanted to punish myself hard for my rude behavior with my best friend. I wonder how he must be thinking about my sudden change of behavior.

But since I'm already bounded by a promise I can't talk him. I mentally console myself that I'd talk to him later when Chris would convince his shitty mind. Shit Chris, you owe an apology to Harris.