Chapter 11 : Dealing with issues

Chris's POV

Claire has always been my favourite ,not just mine but she's the pride of carter family.She knows what has to be her next move she never gets tempted by sweet talks ,to her work and luxury matters the most.

We fight a lot, we love to piss each other so much even though we are grown ups today we quarell like 7 years old.The friendly banter we make with each other is although occasional because unlike me Claire is very much busy with her life ,and i'm happy for her ,but that is indeed amazing.After completing high school from our homtown NYC she wanted to go to Standford like me,but she has been the first priorty of Dad for the hotels owned by Carter corporations. 'CC luxuries' .'CC luxuries' is the prominent hotel chain owned by Carter corp. that has its wings spread across the globe .With major amalgmation and merger policies with small hotels across the globe ,CC luxuries has become the biggest hotel chain ever in the globe. Dad always wanted to captivate the hotels and tourism sector as tourism is his love.

With his major policies and strategies 'CC luxuries ' is the ace of all the hotels. Dad always wanted Claire to hold its ownership ,because without any doubt ,Claire is a very patient and good manager.She's clever like a cat and sweet as a rabbit,she knows what is the customer requirement and frames plans accordingly.

She too was always intrested in the hotels .Everytime she comes in break to home ,she actively participates in the matters of ' CC luxuries ' .To excel in her own field she got admitted in St.Petersbug's for getting her degree in Hotel and hospitality management.

I've always been a good communicator and articulate so i completed my Bachelors in Business Administration with the maximum marks from Standford and also won gold medal for my excellent performance .I'm still taken as an example as told to me by my juniors .Sometimes it hurts that that i'm wasting my life a creepy snail by staying in here ,because it's palpable that the degree and practical aspects i own is rare. My idea's are always unique.

I just don't stay at the home idle, I'm in constant touch with the market condition.I try to remain in touch with the consumer tastes and preference and the threats from competitiors ,but i keep it to me. I never led a word leave my mouth and reach out ,especially my dad.Because he's very much aware about my knowledge is waiting for me to join his business .Because he believes that he can Conquer Asian market only if i give him my support.

What Claire talked with me today ,has left an imprint over my mind.And i made my mind to just give it a try.I took a quick shower and slipped my white Tee with the grey denim jacket and baggy jeans below it.

I thought to make a call to dad before going to his office ,because i vaguely maintain any idea ,what and where he's upto. After gathering all my confidence i finally took my phone and made a call to him.

It takes courage to call your father whome you have been running away from .I receded the number of my visits to him, the latest was when i met nicole,because dad wanted to have dinner with me that day inspite of it tried my best to avoid him as much as i could.

After three rings he picks up the phone but remain silent.

"dad" i spoke in a hoarse voice.

-------silence-----pin drop silence------

i looked at the phone's screen to check if he disconnected my call ,but no he was listening ,but not speaking anything.

"dad..i know your listening.At least give me a clue so i could continue "

i heard a voice of clearing throat that made my lips twitch.We siblings have got the best trait from dad ; stubborness.

i continued " hey dad !okay i'm....sorry for not making any call ,or giving replies to your text earlier and also not visiting you as you asked and not doing as you said and yeah i've done lots of mistake in these years but i never had courage to speak up so hey dad ! it's me Chris.And...umm...i just wanted to ask uhh how are you ...and i think i shall join-"