Chapter 41 : I'll be waiting for you- Part I

CHAPTER 41

***************

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked trying to intrude the problem. Surely he wasn’t happy to see me here with Harris, but I can’t help it. Harris is my best friend and I was just explaining him everything and besides I did not come here by my own wish, I had a business agreement to consider and for which I was being asked by Chris himself.

“What’s wrong with me?” he growled and emphasized the word me and continued to growl “for fucking sake, you did a promise to me that you wouldn’t talk to this arsewipe”

He slams the table making me finch on my position.

My blood rushed to my brain and I lost my temper. He always expect me to fulfill every of our promise, which I do and not once does he himself think of abiding with his promises. I got up to glare him.

“I was just explaining Harris that why couldn’t I talk to him in previous days, I couldn’t hurt him when there wasn’t any of his fault.” I protested

“so you’d hurt me by not keeping the promise you did to me?”

He said while pointing between him and Harris.

“I was not going to talk to him until you’d clear your shitty mind and to surprise you even Harris agreed over it. You can’t expect me to just avoid my friend who I’m meeting after two weeks.”

He clutched his hair as he started wandering back and forth attracting more number of eyeballs. Meanwhile the bodyguard who came in with me understood the situation and took some of the people out of the place forcefully who I suppose was making videos of the scene.

“I asked you not meet him and though you’re here having meal with this frustrating asshole. Don’t you think it took so much to explain him the situation?”

I got out of the place and move towards him with the angriest face I’ve ever had.

“No I don’t think it took so. And you were the one who asked me to settle this agreement. I never knew I was going to meet him, don’t behave idiotically.”

He cursed and shakes his head and in one swift moment moved to Harris who stood like he just saw a ghost. He went and held Harris by his collar. He glared Harris and spoke “I know it was you, who fixed this meeting like this. I ‘m very well aware that you wanted to meet her and that’s why got Evans to go to Cambodia.”

Harris held his hands those were holding on his collar with an attempt to remove it and said “trust me, I never knew it. At first place Roger wasn’t interested to settle this deal today because he was already due to go to Cambodia, but since you insisted a lot he asked me to come on his behalf. And I was told that it’d be you who’d meet me. I never knew Grace was going to come here.”

Chris pulled him harder towards him and growled “don’t you fucking lie to me. I know very well that you’re up to something for her. “

Well that I think is the grittiest thing I’ve ever heard. He’s now referring Harris as a liar. Now I couldn’t see anything worse than this and moved ahead to separate those two. I held Chris by his shoulder and tried pulling him apart but since he did not move an inch I open my mouth to say the last thing I wanted to say to him.

“If anyone is a liar or who doesn’t keeps the promise, it’s you Chris. I thought you’re never going to lie again to me, but I guess I was wrong.”

I turn his face around while holding Harris’s collar.

“I didn’t lie to you.” He mumbled