Chapter 24 : Job interview and revealation

CHAPTER 24

CHRIS’S POV

I  was studying the fluctuating patterns of numerals of our departmental stores. The stores are facing competitors around  some Latin countries though managing to be the market leader. My gaze averted from the computer screen when I see the door of my office flung open and came in the only figure who do not need my permission.

“Dad” I smile.

“hey son” he greeted me while sitting on the red chair facing me .

Normally Dad is so busy in all of the works and he rarely finds time to come and sit with me. Last time when we had a good chat was a month ago. We had an espresso together and discussed about the good  days in past.

“so, what has brought so busy  Mr. Carter in his son’s cabin huh? What’s up?”

He smirked “why ?can’t I come and sit with my son when I want?”

I huffed "spill it old man, I have very meager time with me. I won’t tolerate informal chat during official hours”

My dad laughed and I smiled simultaneously.

“I can see you as the CEO in coming days. But now I am here to talk about something else”

I furrowed my eyebrows and asked “what?”

“I’ve met this girl today-“

“dad please if you’re up to court me up with someone, let me tell you that I’m already taken”

He widen his eyes and asked “you are?”

I nodded and imagine about the brown eyes of my love. How I miss her every second.

“what’s her name?”

“I can’t tell you anything now. I’ll make her to meet you once I’ll settle some unsettled matters”

He scanned my face and blurted “Do you  really like her?

“what do you mean by like her? I love her.”

There is no doubt that I don’t love this girl. She’s the ray of sunshine for my life. My day turns into beautiful from a nightmare just by looking at her face.

“are you sure? You love her? I mean.. are you in love?”

“yes dad. I’ve never been much sure than this. I love her more than my heartbeat”

He smiled and this smile was a genuine. It reached directly to his eyes and I can see his wrinkles turning into various layers when he smiled.

“I’m more than proud on you today son. This day has given me so much happiness.”

I see his eyes twinkling as they gaze me thoroughly.

“Dad..” my words fell short and it happens when there comes some father son moments like this.

He shakes his head and said “what? Can’t a father get emotional sometimes? I’m glad you finally decided to love and not lay”

We laughed simultaneously.

“she changed me dad. I changed myself for her. i love her”

He nodded “I can see that. I want to meet this girl who has such and affect over my son and changed him from an ass to a gentlemen who now devotes his time like maniac here.”

I chuckled and he said “I want to meet her soon.”

“Sure Dad very soon. As for now, do you have anything else besides courting me up with any other girl?”