Chapter 7 : Paying Off

Today i got up with an all new verve . This is the first time after so many years that more than a class or test i'm intrested in going out.

I got up extra early today even before my alarm clock could wake me up.And you see in every class today i was semi attentive , because half of my mind was focussed on chris.

This is really not good for me and my studies but honestly i can't control it ,and to be honest i'm feeling happy .

The last class got over and i was just making my way from the class to the dorm ,as it was already three PM and i was supposed to meet him in an hour ,so i just thought to be freshened and presentable,before i would go to meet him.

It's not like i'm very much concerned about my looks ,but still no one in the galaxy would like to a see a geeky grace in high messy bun ,a loose hoodie and baggy jeans .So i just thought to take a shower and look a little enriched.

I went to my dorm and inserted the key and swayed the door open.Jill was already gone with kathy for her shopping ,so it's just me in here.

i threw my bag on my bed and took a soft towel and headed straight towards bathroom.After a quick hot shower i came out in my room wrapped around in my soft towel and started to think what to wear.

GRACE ROBERTS is deciding on her cloths. kudos kudos.

i couldn't decide anything and stood like a statue in front of my small closet provided to us by university ,so i decided to call the only lady i know who loves me a lot.

My MOM

"hey mommy sup?" i asked in a cheery tone

"hello there grace i'm good,are you all right ?"

"yup. i'm ...why did you ask that?

"i got your call twice in a week so i feel ......good" she said good after a pause.

"yeah you see, your getting luckier " i said chuckling

"okay now hurry up what do you want?i'm very busy with my customers you see this is the peek time of my cafe" she said

"yeah ,umm mom can you tell me what shall i wear?i mean not as in really girly and all but i just wanted to wear something good,that would make me look ....pretty " i said looking down at my towel.

"wait.no. is my daughter going on a date?" my mom asked all surprised.

"what ?..no mom it's not a date,there's a guy he just..helped me you know in my project,so i thought to say him thanks personally"

half truth half lie

"is he hot?what's his name? where is he from?does he like you back ?how is-"

she was cutted by me"MOM please it's not like that okay, i'm just going to meet him...once and say a thanks "

lie lie. i'm a liar

"whatever i know you'll love him eventually " she said in a confirmed voice

sighing i said" i don't think it was a good idea calling you, i'm hanging up .okay by-

"no no no "she squealed and continued "i was about to tell you ,just go for something you look nice into" she said

"okay and how do i decide what looks nice on me?"

"and you say it isn't a date" i could feel her smirking

" yes mom it is not.a.date .,"

"yeah ,whatever " she said wistfully