Chapter 42 : I'll be waiting for you- Part II

This is the second last chapter, and I'm getting emotional now. The end of the story is on the way... and there's only one more chapter to go. Then finally this weird journey of our Grace would be finished. I'm so proud of having readers like you. Thanks for giving your support so far!

much love, Happy readings!!

****** 

CHAPTER 42

*********

Two weeks later

My eyes fluttered open as I hear the noise of the alarm. Yawning I got up to see the clock hung on the wall.

8AM

I mentally sighed and got out of the bed to make a good start of the day so that I’d have a good end by the night.

What is a good end of the day? For me, it’d be only getting to know that Chris is back to his normal self. But what I get to know every day in the morning is the bunch of his messages and all of them reads-

‘I miss you so much.’

‘I’m sorry.’

‘Please come back.’

‘it won’t happen again.’                                                                        

‘I will change in the you want me to.’

I putted my phone back to its regular place; the nightstand. I have neither attended anybody’s call nor have I called anybody myself. I have not replied to any of Chris’s calls, or texts because he still hasn’t understood what I asked him for. I want him to change and I made it very clear that I won’t help him this time. If this change has to be permanent it has to be done by him only. 

 I went straight to the bathroom and took a long shower to remove the nasty thoughts. Everyday, while I have this long blissful shower I just expect to hear at least one positive thing about Chris. But in these two weeks, he has only deployed himself more. I got to hear that he’s been even more impatient and ruthless than before. But whatever he wants to do he can go for. If he can’t do what I ask for, I don’t find a reason of doing what he asks for.

His heart melting messages makes it all very hard for me but I’m doing my best to get old Chris back. Since I already know any talks I did never made him understand my points, so this time I’ll leave things to be settled by him only.

I slipped into the grey sweatpants and white tee-shirt and putted my hair into a high ponytail and rushed downwards. All these garbs belong to Claire; she uses it when she stays here.

I usually wake up early and try to make something good till he gets up daily. I made my way toward the kitchen and thought to make the usual thing he likes to every morning.

Peanut butter sandwich

I just can’t understand how he daily eats one single thing. I got some bread and applied the butter over them and quickly made two cups of coffee. One for me and one for-

“mmmm yummy.”

I raised my head to see Kevin coming in his boxer and a tee shirt that barely covered his stomach. He must have putted it a few seconds ago, Claire strictly told him not to wander naked around the house.

It is only Kevin, whose home I’ve been staying since past two weeks and Claire who visits me often, knows that I’m here. I haven’t left this house since past two weeks and not to forget I’m going crazy by just staying in here and watching TV throughout the day. I have watched every DVD he had three times. Although both, Kevin and Claire asks me to go somewhere. But I don’t want to take risks; I just can’t let Chris know where I’m staying until he starts working over his behavior.