Chapter 3 : The initial lie

I was really hungry so i grabbed a granola bar in my way and while nibbling on which i reached my dorm after full fourty minutes. I inserted the key and opened the gate of my dorm and switched the lights on.

"hey" jill my roomate said while covering her eyes with her hand.

I smiled and said" hello jill, long time no see ,you did not show up to the class also yesterday "

"Yes sweetheart , i was little busy with Tom" she said in a bashful tone."Where were you?"she continued.

"I was..umm ,i met today with the male versions of nicole white" i answered while pinching the bridge of my nose ,to which she cocked her eyebrows.

"yes, i mean i went to park today as i was in very bad mood because Mr.richardson partnered me up with Nicole and she's a slut you know ,then i felt nauseatic when the classes were over and i went straight to park for getting some mental peace ,but you see there i met two male nicole white and so i had a total infuriating day" I ended with a long breath.

"Your teamed up with that slut" she asked. i nodded

"pity on you " she said .i shrugged.

she got up from her bed i started going out of the dorm "where to?" i asked

"don't you wanna grab something for dinner ?" i nodded as i realised i was really hungry so i went to cafetaria with her.

****

We were having our dinner together today

"why you always take pizza?" jill asked me.

"I like it" i said while shrugging. "wouldn't you go and sit with kathy and steve today?" i asked.

she shaked her head no and said" i wanna sit with my roomate today , do you have any problem?"

"no, i'm honoured your highness?" i said with a real smile.

at least something good happened today.

I saw nicole was glaring at my like a wolf but i avoided eye contact with her as she would piss me more.

"Grace, can i ask you something?" Jill said.

"yes, ofcourse you can ,go ahead."i replied.

"Do you believe people stop loving each other after a while they stay in relationships?"

i stopped nibbling on my pizza

As i did not know what to say ,because last time i was in a relationship was when i was only fourteen and i was anything but serious then ,but it's not anymore about teenage relation.All i know about anything now is economics, so I applied law of diminishing marginal utilty to her question.

"jill, you see according to the law of diminishing marginal utility of economics, as a person increases the consumption of a product while consumption of other product constant-there is a decline in the marginal utility that person derives from consuming each additional unit of that product" i said

"so?" she cocked her eyebrow.

"i mean you both are consuming ,i mean hanging out with each other at a rapid rate which might decrease you people's intrest in each other or even nullify it."

is said biting my lip.

"how did you know it was for me?" she said with a smile .

"i guessed" i said with a shrug.

"what do i do now" she said while placing her head in her hands.

"you stop consuming him for a while" i said