Chapter 43 : I'm Swayed

last chapter :'( i'm sad this is finished. There's a thank you note after this chapter for you. Do read it.

*********

CHAPTER 43

*********

A good mood always settles with a good food. That's what my mom says; oh I miss talking to all the people I love a lot, I wish I could use my phone now. Not that it is impossible for now, but I just don't want to touch my phone when it no longer receives Chris's text or call.

So yeah, I'm starting a good day with a good mood, and again with so much hope that today my torments would finally come to an end. And, when we talk about a good food, it can never be possible without

mac and cheese.

I woke up early today, because it takes a little long to me to cook mac and cheese. But I simply love this so much that getting an hour early is worth it.

Kevin left for his morning walk. He told he'd get fat if he completely gives up his morning walk. And as much as he didn't mind putting some extra pounds, Claire hates a man with a big tummy. That is what aware Kevin to go for his walk.

I stir the content and savor the delicious aroma of mac while I heard the main door open and then closed back. It must be Kevin back from his walk.

"Holy shit! What's that?" Kevin nearly screeched as he made his way to the kitchen .

"What's what?" I ask him as he stood beside me and see me with a huge smile on his face.

He pointed towards the pan and asks "mac and cheese?"

I smile and nodded to see him smiling even more.

"I haven't had this in years; I mean surely this day is going to give me a lot of good news. I'm so happy today." He said while he sat on the stool nearby.

"What's so great about today?"

"The best of best thing is that I'll have mac and cheese now, please hurry up I'm waiting." Kevin said as I take two plates full of mac and putted each on the granite kitchen slab while I sat beside Kevin on another stool.

He instantly started filing his mouth as if there wasn't anything else that'd matter to him.

"sooo yummmmm!!!"

"Kevin."

"Yeah?." He answered chewing

"you didn't tell me what other things were so great today...for you?"

I don't know why I was I so interested in it, after all the day was nice to him but it still is the same monotonous one for me. But even though, there is a room in my heart that start pounding and I think, this could be something about Chris.

"Oh yeah the other one, how could I forget it?" he swallowed a large content of mac and continued

"Your lover boy... he's improved a lot. Could we ever imagine he'd ever blurt a word called sorry?"

My mind along with my ear goes silent and my ear couldn't believe what I was listening now. A smile which was full of confusion and delight broke on my face and my heart starts pounding even more.

"wha.. What?" I asked in disbelief.

He chuckled and said "that was my reaction; and I can see why he referred it as priceless."

I recovered myself but not the big smile on my face.

"Who are you talking about?"

"Oh you remember one of the employees Chris fired some two months ago?"