Chapter 39 : Working for the delinquents

CHAPTER 39

*********

It has officially been two weeks since I’ve started working at Carter Corps. And to say that I like working here would be a complete understatement.

I love working here.

My team that contains fifteen people is very efficient and co-operative. In these two weeks I’ve finally learned how to address Chris at workplace. In fact he himself suggested me what do I call him at the workplace since I never wanted to address him as sir and he strictly disapproved me to address him as Mr. Carter for two reasons. One; it seemed a little sarcastic to him and two; he felt older. So he just asked me address him as Mr. CEO, and for the first time I was impressed with his suggestion. This sounded so cool to me that even at home I address him Mr. CEO instead of Chris sometimes.

“That will be all Miss Roberts” Lisa spoke as she handled me a bunch of files.

I had to go through three files which contained the marketing strategy adopted my Carter leathers so far and the other two contained new strategy and finance required to undertake the strategy. After studying all these files I’m required to sign it and send it for further authentication to Mr. CEO, but since I’m on a good term with my boss. I think I will take these files to him personally.

“Thanks Lisa. I’ll see them”

She nodded and exited the room to resume to the stuffs she was doing. Lisa is a nice girl in her mid twenties. Apart from her good behavior, I like her dirty blond hair. She has very pretty hairstyle.

I scan the files thoroughly and signed all of them individually. Once the files were signed I thought to take these to Chris for getting his signatures. I got up from the chair and exited the room to enter the workplace of my employees who were allotted wooden cabins. Several of my employees flashed me smiles as I passed through the place and enter the elevator to reach the twenty eighth floors. It took less than a minute to reach the designated floor as I left the elevator and proceed towards Chris’s cabin.

Passing through the working area I finally reach his cabin. His cabin has a maghony door with the word CEO written on the plaque. I clutched the file and open the door to see he was growling on someone on the phone. This is now normal for me. Chris is a yelling man when he is in the office. And there exists only one thing that calms him immediately.

I smile and place the file on the coffee table and move ahead to reach the giant glass pane that depicted the entire view of city. He stood there showing me his retreating back and continued to growl like a madman.

“You can’t postpone a meeting with me.” he yelled being completely unaware of my presence.

I reach ahead and hug him from the back while resting my cheek on his back. His muscle relaxed and he exhaled finally pondering over his words. I smile and wonder how a simple hug from me can calm his growling and yelling. He began caressing my forearms and started talking in a better temper.

He nods various times and blurted a series of yes and no and Okays.

“Okay then today, it’s settled” he said and nodded again while caressing my forearm.

“Two P.M? Okay then.” He said finally and disconnected the call.

He slid the phone into his pocket and turns around to pull me into him by my waist. I see his face smiling and my heart melts in its way. I tiptoed and pecked his lips that gave him a genuine smile.

“You’re always yelling when at work” I complained

“It’s not my fault. They do not do their work as per my specifications. I want everything to be perfect.”