Chapter109: Origins of white lie

Chapter by: LillaSmolBean
~~~~~~~~~~~
If there were a fire being set off by the kitchenette's stove, the oni lord wouldn't have noticed. He was once again taking the time to meditate like he always did whenever he felt the need to just loosen up a little. Despite becoming an oni, that's a habit he didn't lose.

His father had taught him and his younger brother that meditation was essential for everyone, it gives them time to hide away in a world with no conflict. They didn't have to ponder all the time at cruel life choices. So that's why he was doing it now, so much had gone by and the man felt like he needed a small break.

At least, that's what he believed until he reached the one hour mark. He continued to breathe in and breathe out, enjoying the silence.

What he did not expect was for the door to go flying. His eyes shot open as two figures, noticeably women, walked inside.

He gave an annoyed groan but didn't stand up from his sitting position.

"This is urgent, you need to hear this!" Opal was the first to speak. She dashed away from the door to allow the second girl, who was accompanying her, to enter.

"Yeah! Mother's right, Garmadon, please hear us out!" Mirage begged, having entered the room at her turn.

Garmadon didn't flinch, not even after their voices toppled over eachother's. Relentless whines, that's what they were. Like a honking mallard you'd find in Ninjago's viewing parks.

"It's unusual, so strange!"

"They've got her!"

"We need to help her!"

"We can't just stay here!"

Like a flock of sheeps all huddled together in the pen, Garmadon had a hard time navigating his way through their words. "Okay okay, one at a time—" he started, in an almost hushed tone.

But Mirage and Opal kept talking, it would require much more effort if the oni lord wanted them to stop. He gave a discouraged sigh and stood up from the ground.

"Garmadon, finally!"

"Like we were saying-"

He interrupted them both by crossing his arms.
"Slow down, tell me what happened and first of all, why are all panicking?" He questioned, still a little tired from earlier. It can't be helped, hopefully this just turns out into a big misunderstanding and it's just the two of them not knowing how to use house appliances.

Perhaps they left the stove on or, they don't know where the broom is. Could it be that the deck was already dirty? He could have sworn thag Jay cleaned it last Tuesday. He glanced over to Opal to continue speaking.

The former Oni queen didn't hesitate one single bit. She opened her mouth and a sprout of what was nonsense for Garmadon at first, came out into concerning words.

"It's Harumi! We wanted to give her some tomato to soup for supper but she wasn't there! We checked her room and under the bed, no nothing!" She alerted in an afraid tone. She looked pretty scared and concerned for the girl as well.

Garmadon raised a brow, he didn't believe it one single bit. But he was skeptical of one thing and he wanted to ask about it. Though, the mentions of the words 'her room' made him stops for a second. Ah, he wanted to make sure anyways.

"Aren't you sure it's the clone that went missing?" He interrogated them and led the two onis out of his bedroom.

Mirage was the one who answered this time, she shook his head at the older man. "No, it wasn't." She gave a pout then followed him out. "The minute we saw Harumi went missing, we immediately checked the closet and saw fake Rumi sitting there with the brooms and mops." She explained.