Chapter121: Let's play a game

A sigh escaped a pair of dry lips,

Tired eyes blinked as she was forced to turn her head in the direction of the opening door by the corner of the room.

A muffled cough rang in her ears.

She shifts in her chair, wincing subtly as she feels the cold metal cuffs brush against the skin of her wrists.

Her hands were cold.

She was defenceless and most importantly, tired about all of this.

"I believe you know why you're here." A man clad in a black uniform addressed her. He took a step forward and sat down across from her.

She clenches her fists in frustration, the chains rattle.

Raising a brow, the man scoffed quietly. "Had a bad day?" He attempts at small talk.

She looks away hesitantly, not knowing if she should be shooting such regards to a man of high authority. "Maybe." She stubbornly responds.

The fuming vexation in this man's face,

the tranquility in this room,

The disagreeing pair, staring down at each other from less than a metre.

Yet, everything was still all so busy.

"The people in the city had worser days," he says with a hoarse tone, that of an old man. "Especially on that day where you temporarily caused havoc to the city and attacked the palace."

City lights, happy townspeople.

Dashing cars, organized crime. The earth still spun around the finger of a God.

She leans back on her chair, hinting at her decision to resist. "It's not me. I'd never do that to my city again." She spat.

As one word was uttered out into the thin space, two men had opened the door and came inside.

The man and the girl turned around to face them, the former encouraging the newcomers to take a seat beside him.

A sharp gulp went down her throat as her confidence scatters, leaving her to realize that in terms of witnesses, she was outnumbered.

A scorching light was flashed in her eyes, the minor bites her tongue in surprise and almost screeches out in discomfort.

"If it really wasn't you, what was your alibi?" Pushing the stand of the lamp closer to her face, one of the other policemen around interrogated.

She crosses her legs and squints her eyes, trying so desperately to fade away from the light in her eyes.

The men questioning her kept a straight face, as they had even more malicious intentions behind that lamp stand.

"I didn't do it." She protests for the second time today. "You've all been tricked by a talented spell caster." She fought for her innocence much more in the last two days.

But, giving her the cold shoulder,

"Impossible. Can't be!"

They never believed such a story.

She stares at the ceiling, not even realizing a drained groan was heard from her.

Her eyes shut to blink.

"Come on, your protectors are elemental masters. How could you not believe that?" She jabs out, her patience on the outside compared to little droplets falling off a bamboo stick.

On the inside however, she feels weightless, being carried by a thousand balloons. At each rebuttal, one pops and she is left to falter in a limitless sky.