Chapter 44: Shuttered silent one

The room was filled up with a smell of fresh grass, it displeased most of the members of the resistance that were using the kitchen at the moment. Plus, the members that would use it five minutes after the pot was removed from the stove. Killow walked inside of the small room, immediately covering his nose in disgust. "Ugh, what's that smell?" He wondered, his eyes turning over to the two girls near the stove. The one near the pot just smiled upon hearing at the big man's reaction about the scent. The other had her gloved palm over her nose and mouth. "If you've lived with the many different kind of teas of the world, you wouldn't be complaining at the moment." Mistaké informed Killow. The water ninja watched the green plant dissolve into a mushy substance. "Are you sure this will really heal Harumi's wounds? They look pretty bad."

Ultra Violet, who was sitting on a chair, "Yes I'll have the need to agree with water lily there. She got beat up pretty bad." had a need to address a few things regarding the awful herb currently brewing inside of the pot. Mistaké chuckled at both resistance members' comments about the only healing material on board of the ship at the moment. "I assure you, this horrid smell will be worth it when Harumi will start feeling better." She explained. Though, Nya had questions. "How does the herb work exactly Mistaké?"She inquired, getting a little bit curious, albeit, it was noticeable that the ninjas' strong suit wasn't at all brewing and medicine. Their fists and spinjitzu did most of the talking. In a few minutes, a sharp screech was heard through the room. The brew was finished. "Well, you just to need to place it on the wounds." The old lady explained rather obviously before taking the pot away from the hot plate.

She placed it on the table in which she grabbed a wooden spoon and began stirring the water and herb mush. Well, it was mostly green mush inside now, the water had evaporated into smoke to melt the plant into this untrustworthy monstrosity. "It still looks disgusting." Ultra Violet boldly claimed earning a cackle from the three other members in the room. As she stirred, Mistaké was the only one who answered the previous SOG general. "Why, of course, you're not meant to eat it after all." She explained. The four of them went silent for a bit, still watching the old woman stir the goop together. "But seriously, thank you for lending us one of your healing sources." The water ninja thanked. The old woman poured the substance onto a bowl when she found that it was solid enough. Well, solid enough for it to not fall apart and roll off when placed onto someone. "Oh that's no problem. In return, I'd like one your heads." She joked. But it still received terrified glances from the three.

"I'm just kidding! I'd never ask for something like that!" cackled the old woman as she left the kitchen to walk into the white haired girl's room. Nya, Killow and Ultra Violet followed after her. "But you wouldn't ask us for anything in return? Is this herb technically free?" Ultra called after her. When she opened the door, they were greeted by the red ninja watching over the white haired girl who was currently laying down on the mattress. "What's that smell?" Both Harumi and Kai asked almost simultaneously. Mistaké sighed and closed the door when all four of them were in the room. She bothered to answer the maniac motorbike rider instead of having to repeat herself all over again. "Yes, it's for free."
~~~~~~~~~
Upon applying the goop all over her wounds. It stinged at first because the substance was so hit but after a few resisting hisses, it felt somewhat comfortable on her skin. Harumi sighed and looked over to the only ones in the room. Ultra Violet and Killow had gone back to the kitchen to help Mistaké wash the bowl and possibly bomb the kitchen with a refreshing scent of fruit-flavoured perfume. The only ones left were Kai and Nya. "What's wrong? Does it feel like it's burning your skin again?" asked the red ninja. However, to his relief, the girl shook her head. She attempted to stand back up but that would just act as extra weight on her due to the goop resting on her body.

"No, it's not that. It's just.." she stopped herself before she could say anything else. Was it because she was hesitating whether or not she should tell them about the real issue bothering her? Nya and Kai gave her wide eyes. The silence remained like that for several minutes until they figured they should ask her what's wrong. Kai brought his hand to rest on her shoulder. "Harumi? Is there something you want to tell us?" He inquired, his tone seeming off as one of concern. The former quiet one gulped. A response was already thought out in her mind. It was one consisting the lines of: "Nah, I'm alright. Please don't worry." But that's not what came out of her mouth. Thanks to Nya for that and her insisting statement. "You can trust us, Rumi. Really." That just made the white haired girl bite her lips. What should she say? Should she lie like she intended to? Or? Oh who was she kidding, Nya was considered family to her. She shouldn't lie about such a petty topic in the first topic.