Chapter76: Revisited childhood

Revisiting her childhood wasn't something that Harumi Jade planned but sometimes, the clock just moves on, forgetting the requests she made. The child wakes up from a nap, with spilled tears dripping from her eyes. She had seen a building, with a happy family of three living inside of it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ninjago bridge is falling down, falling down,"

The blonde haired child lifted her beloved figurines up, One was glad in red and the other had a green attire. She chimed and rolled on the ground. "Ninja never quit!" almost in a roar, she began throwing the two figurines at eachother, like a fight between them was about to occur.

"Ninjago bridge is falling down,"

Something had shook the building and the two individuals in the apartment realized. Because the building had violent shaken, Harumi was thrown to the wall right beside the living room. "Ouch!" She grunted and saw on the corner of her eyes a man with a beard lift her up and caress her soft hair. "Mommy, what's going on?" Young Harumi addressed her mother and father, who were now opening the TV to watch the news.

"My fair lady,"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The toddler snapped out of her nightmare and stumbled out of bed. Her mind was fuzzy and tears swelled up as soon as she left that unforgettable past behind again for the day. There was no doubt that she'll start to remember the events more clearly. But this tea's side effect has really gotten to her, she only remembers the beginning. What happened next?

"P-Pa..." she started to call for her father. But she was halted in her tracks as soon as she had a chance to glance down to look at her hands. There were long green sleeves. "H-Huh?" She let those same hands trail upwards to touch her hair, they were near braids. However, braids wasn't the only thing that was there, she felt something metallic keeping those braids composed, a golden headdress. Harumi's breath hitched and she soon came to the realization.
"I-I..." but she needed confirmation.

And a mirror she had found in the room with her.

"What?!" Harumi had seen her reflection, she was dressed when she was back in the Jade palace. When she was greeted by the emperor and empress for the first time. A long green robe with golden prints along with Ninjago's headdress atop her head. Tears and cries were heard after seeing her reflection in the mirror. "Papa! Please help!" She begged, running to the door and scratching against it. The begging went on for a few more minutes before the door was slammed open, causing Harumi to stumble back.

"Baby! What's wrong?!" It was Garmadon, of course it was. Harumi wiped her tears and opened her arms for a hug. "It was a scary nightmare, papa!" She started to explain, a bit sloppily. The oni lord happily accepts her hug and raises her to the ceiling to raise her to the same level as him. The baby was quite short and small compared to him, so he didn't want to accidentally crush her. "What's wrong?" He asked again.

In his arms, Harumi sniffled and she was about to continue her story before her eyes walked off to glance at the same mirror she looked into minutes ago. She was back in her pyjamas. She sighed and lowered her head to his shoulder.
"I just had a bad dream..." she kept her nightmare very brief. It's like she didn't want to talk about it anymore after seeing that she might have entered a state of delusion for a second.

'Oh must be an illusion, then.'

Garmadon bounced her, cooing at her casually when she met his eyes from the skies. "Don't worry, you'll be okay. You're okay now. I'm here to help you." He reassured her but the baby didn't seem too convinced yet. She pouted at him or restarted to sniffle once more which raised red flags in the father's mind.
"Hey look over here," he started, letting one of his four arms roam free to grab a giraffe plushie from the room's desk. Harumi giggled a bit as the big goofy smile on the toy was seen. "Even Mr. Yellow wants you to smile!" He chimed, bringing the plush close to her face.