Chapter64: clouded christmas

If it wasn't Christmas morning, Garmadon would be infuriated with the insufferable source of noise, running around the bedroom. Of course, as a puppy, Cloud needed all the exercise she could get. It wasn't often that the dark lord brought her on walks, presumably afraid that it would earn him the wrong idea with his guards. A weakness wasn't something an oni was supposed to have.

Yet, on a chilly morning, the barking never ceased. Garmadon could feel his walls of composure all come crashing down. The white furball ran around the room, barking and yanking on everything it saw. Including the bedsheets, Garmadon desperately tried to wash himself. "Now now Cloud, you want to stay a surprise, don't you?" He lifting a brow, his face not changing when he realized he caught the adorable pup's attention. It halted in place and simply stayed silent for a small while before it restarted to yap.

Garmadon chuckled on that one. Oh how stubborn Cloud was, or mainly, dogs in general were stubborn creatures. The man never understood animalistic behaviour for he didn't entirely consider as an "animal" himself, better yet, the term "monster" suited him better. But today, on Christmas Day, he figured that he shouldn't act like one around the white haired girl still sleeping in bed. The puppy restarted to yap and even jumped on the bed where Garmadon was carefully lounging on.

Cloud and Garmadon had a very complex relationship for now. The pup wasn't too fond of strangers it seemed and stayed away from Garmadon a couple of times when he was having his "melodramatic episodes." though, at the moment, Cloud was feeling generous and decided to test her luck by stepping closer. "Hm? What's wrong, girl?" The oni lord ran his fingers down the white Pomeranian's fur. Cloud whined at the gesture of affection.

The man really didn't understand what the dog wanted however if he had to decipher her irritating yapping, "You're impatient, are you? Don't worry, you'll get to see Harumi soon. I promise." Garmadon, for once, gave a kind-hearted smile to address and mainly reassure the puppy. Sort of like a reward for approaching him in the first place. Speaking of Harumi, it was best if he started heading over to her room to wake her up. It was Christmas and he didn't want her to miss out her entire day. Sure she was tired from playing around in the snow yesterday but he was certain that Harumi would be pretty disappointed to miss out on Christmas.

Plus he needed to find a way to get rid of the annoying noise which was Clo- Garmadon snapped out of his thoughts when he felt a swelling feeling on his left hand's fingers. The dark oni lord lowered his head only to gasp in surprise. "Ouch!" He yelped and shoved away the small puppy to release his poor fingers from the aggressive pup's fangs. Alrighty well, fair play Cloud, it serves the man right for thinking unpleasant things about the dog. However, he didn't have to stay angry at Cloud for all eternity, on the other hand, he should thank her.

Because of the pain struck right him just now, he remembered the keen guests he has kept downstairs in the dungeons. Garmadon nodded to himself and stood up from the bed. "I thank you, Cloud! I'll be right back, don't worry." He smiled and left the room. The puppy, at first confused to her owner's departure, didn't seem too bothered to know when he will return.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Humming a Christmas carol, Garmadon strolled down the hallways of Borg tower. A few guards, quite taken aback from their emperor's festive mood, shot him a few weird glances as they passed by. But who was Garmadon to care? The dark lord didn't really care about opinions when he had the most authoritative being in the entire tower.

The location he was heading for was the dungeons obviously, it didn't raise too many question marks for the guards guarding that area. "Back so soon, my lord?" A man, who was deprived from sleep for a few days stared up at the dark figure in front of him. The emperor nodded and raised a hand out, "Yes yes now out of the way." He demanded. Without much protest or attempt to mutter out a "Merry Christmas, my lord." Garmadon was able to pass through.