Chapter 151: Leap

Harumi looked at her uncle with hatred; she thought she could trust him, but it seemed like she was wrong. Summoning her powers, she leered at the villains, ready for anything, but she was careful because she didn't want to injure her puppy.
Jade, Lilla, and Kaitlynn all held weapons, and Jade looked at the group. She didn't like the tension. And asked what the heck was going on. Harumi, still with her power in her hands, just glared at her uncle.
Lilla, noticing the tension, asked her, "Do you know this guy?"
Harumi replied, "He's my uncle, and I thought it was someone I could trust, but apparently I was wrong."
Kaitlynn readied her weapon as she took a step forward. However, Acronix quickly brought a knife up to Cloud's neck, and threateningly told them, "Not another step, or the puppy gets it." Harumi growled, as Nadakhan looked at her, and commanded Harumi to come with them.
Before Harumi could say anything, Jade quickly went infront of her, and aimed her slingshot at them, saying, "Harumi isn't going anywhere with you; if you tried to take her, you'd have to kill her first."
Lilla and Kaitlynn mimicked Jade, and stood infront of Harumi, holding their weapons, until the Nindroids shot the girls with tranquilizer darts, knocking them out. The girls went unconscious, and Harumi gasped.
The other girls all fell down; the villains walked over and cuffed Harumi. They started leading her away from the girls, and away from the village. Rumi watched as the village and the girls all disappeared from view.
They got to a cave, and Acronix was tasked to watch over Harumi and Cloud while they called Zephyr and asked what to do.
The villains leave, and Rumi glared at Acronix, asking, "How could you do this to me?"
Acronix looked around, and made sure the villains were gone before he took the gag out of Cloud's mouth, and untied her, before looking at his niece.
He said, "Don't worry; all part of the plan."
Harumi raised an eyebrow and asked what he meant...

Meanwhile, the girls started to wake up, and saw Harumi was gone, and Lilla looked around before Jade growled, and explained, "I know exactly what happened."
Kaitlynn asked, "What should we do?"
Jade took off her backpack, rummaging through it, and Lilla asked, "Do you have anything in the bag to help us?"
Jade told them, "I have silly string, candy, ramen, clothes, and...other stuff, but it doesn't seem like I have anything that can help."
Kaitlynn asked, "What should we do now? We're only human, not like Harumi's friends or Harumi, we're just human."
They all looked down, but then Jade made an inspirational speech that raised their spirits, and they all ran to find Harumi.

Back at the cave, Harumi tried to comprehend what her uncle was telling her. She went on a little rant, and then after her little rant, looked at her uncle.
She took a breath before asking, "How can I trust you?"
Her necklace glowed slightly as she asked the question.
Acronix came over and put a hand on her shoulder, saying, "You dont have to believe me, but I have a plan, and you need to trust me."
Harumi looked at Cloud, who gave her a nod, and Rumi sighed, agreeing. Acronix thanked her, told her to put on the cuffs, and put the gag back in. Rumi nodded, and allowed herself to be brought outside the cave to continue their charade.

The girls looked down from the top of the cave, and saw Harumi with the villains.
Lilla asked, "What's the plan?"
Jade handed them some silly string, a baseball bat, and a can of food. Once they were ready the girls grinned, excited to put their plan in action.

On the ground, the villains were trying to contact Zephyr, but were having no luck, and decided to just make a portal, and head back to Ninjago. Nadakhan looked at Harumi and promptly held a sword to her throat, telling her to make a portal.
"I can't; that far of a distance could kill me," she meekly objected, whimpering when Nadakhan pushed her down to the ground, and edged the sword down a little harder. Rumi breathed quicker, but before Acronix could even try and help her, Jade, Lilla, and Kaitlynn jumped down and started attacking the villains.
Jade shot Silly String in their eyes while Lilla rocked the baseball bat and swung it at the villains. Cloud jumped in, starting to gnaw through the ropes on Harumi until they ripped free. Harumi thanked her with a pat on her head, as Acronix and Cloud followed her into the fight.
They managed to knock out the villains, and Harumi hugged the girls as they all cheered, and soon Harumi ran over to hug her uncle tightly. "I missed you so much."
She looked down at Cloud and picked her up. "Both of you."
Cloud reran all the joy she felt when she discovered Harumi was alive, and Rumi gave a smile, and asked, "Is the Resistance okay?"
Cloud explained what happened to Killow, UV, Wu, Misako, and the ninja. Harumi gasped; she couldn't believe they had been turned evil; her smile slowly slid off her face as Acronix gently consoled her.
Then she asked, "Where is the remaining Resistance?"
Cloud explained what happened, and then Rumi asked why the two of them weren't at Aunt Josephine's house.
Cloud explains, "I knew you were still alive, but no one believed me! So I came to find out for myself. Oh, and, uh, Acronix tagged along."
Harumi looked away, and said, "We need to get home now."
She began to do a portal, starting off strong, but eventually she felt her energy draining like a leaky pipe.
Seeing Harumi getting weaker, Jade stopped her from creating the portal to Ninjago.
Harumi got angry, asking her, "Why would you do that?!"
Jade explained, "You said it yourself, if you try to create a portal, you'll die."
They got into an argument, and everyone started yelling.
Eventually, Harumi revealed, "I've always pushed myself. No one ever cared before, why would they? What do they know?"
She said a few other things, and everyone gasped, their angry faces forgotten. They began to console Rumi, but she pushed them away from her, not wanting the comfort.
She simply told them, "We should portal hop to the next realm."
The others nodded, not wanting to argue. Harumi created a portal, with difficulty, and they all went through.

The group all ended up in a city, and Rumi looked around asking if they were back in Ninjago; Acronix looked around and saw they were in a jungle, but before Jade could say anything, they were surrounded by a gang of angry fired generals.

Harumi and the others shifted into a tight circle, facing outward, ready to take on the shark generals together. They all nervously backed away from the evil grins and torches closing in on them, as more and more of the generals came to take out their revenge on the wrong people.
Lilla was the first to swing her leg around and initiate the fight, and two of the limping generals cowered, falling unconscious. Kaitlynn and Jade used one of their combo-moves to block out flying crabs and sharks while Harumi and Acronix dueled with Generals 1 and 2.
While she wasn't looking, Cloud was firmly detained by two hands and suspended in the air, away from his body. She was furiously snapping and barking, trying to wriggle free, but that wasn't working; instead, she opened her mouth and bit down on his hand, hard.
The general trapping her instantly pulled his hands away and dropped her on the dirt, recoiling in pain as he repeated "ow" over and over again.
The puppy ran over to Lilla, who was struggling by herself, and started biting the generals' feet one by one, as they limped away in fear. She gave Lilla a toothy grin, showing off her dangerous fangs, and Lilla laughed.
Meanwhile, Acronix and Harumi had split up, the shark generals and crabs between them. Acronix found himself backed against a large boulder, as he was pelted with crabs and the generals came closer, some with sharp swords in their hands, others in little one-lego vehicles balancing and crawling on mechanical feet. He instinctively used his arms to shield his face from the heat of the torches, and suddenly a purple bubble shield saved him. He opened his eyes to see his niece holding one palm up in his direction while the other created a flickering purple buffer holding off the generals to her left. He didn't think she was aware of the crabs skittering up towards her feet.
Harumi yelped as the pinchers on her feet stung; she instinctively kicked her feet around to fling the crabs off, but both shields she was holding flickered and disappeared.
Sharks began to snap at all their feet, and it was all a blur as Harumi was the first to lose her footing as she hopped around.
She fell on her back, and one of her hands scrambled for a hold on something.
It caught Kaitlynn's shoulder, and she yelped as she started a chain reaction.
Kaitlynn fell on Jade, who fell on Lilla, who secured Cloud in her arms before knocking into Acronix.
The lump of limbs sighed and groaned as they knew what was coming next...

Cloud pouted next to Harumi, huffing and puffing as the girl lay against the bars of her cage. The shark generals carried the members separately towards the modified volcano.
While Harumi and Cloud were in one cage, Acronix and Lilla were in the second, and Jade was with Kaitlynn in the third. They were all anxious as they approached the volcano; no one wanted to die today!...

As the shark generals finally reached the top of the volcano, everyone was conscious and worried. Harumi's cage was the only one she could see; the rest of the girls plus her uncle were nowhere to be found.
Harumi cried out when her and Cloud's cage was opened, and the two were dragged out. General #2 pushed them farther along a wooden plank that teetered dangerously above a pit of boiling magma in the base of the volcano.
The two were terrified, and unable to fight their way out because of ropes binding their hands and legs together.
Cloud and Harumi fearfully hopped towards the edge, motivated by several shiny swords glinting in the heat at the edge of the volcano. As she looked down, Harumi saw the orange bubbles in the death pool. She looked around once more, and, seeing no help, got ready to jump.
But before she could, she heard Acronix's voice, saying, "Jump, Harumi, jump!"
She laughed bitterly at the voice in her head, and listened, circling back to how no one cared about her...
The moment her feet left the plank, Cloud gasped, and Harumi instantly knew she had made the wrong decision.
Her heart fell with her body, and leaped when she shut her eyes to find her hand grasped firmly, the two suspended in midair above the magma.
Harumi and Cloud both looked up to see the human chain on the side of the volcano. Acronix held tightly onto Harumi's hand, and holding onto him were Jade and Kaitlynn, as Lilla knocked any advancing generals into the volcano.
Harumi and Cloud were slowly hauled upwards, until they safely made it back to the rim of the volcano.
From there, it was downhill...literally.

AN: Hi all! Teensy note, not much, but welcome to the Ninjago Movie Realm! Hope you all are safe and happy :)
~ Ash