Chapter 66: Eyes don't lie

"Alright Cloud, how about this one?" asked a white haired girl while nibbling on a candy cane. In her hand was a small puppy coat all clad in pink. Garmadon was nice enough to run by an abandoned pet shop to "borrow" a few things from the shelves. Some of them being a leash, some dog food and several cosmetics that he was sure Harumi would enjoy putting on her newly given puppy. The white haired girl waited for the dog's response, she chuckled a bit when she noticed how Cloud couldn't stand still for a few minutes. The dog barked and barked, ruffling up the bedsheets in its fangs.

She tried putting the small coat when she got close enough, the small paws of the dog slid in with a struggle and Cloud seemed uncomfortable when the miniature hood fell atop her small ears. She barked and attempted to capture the furry top in between her canines but failed miserably when she didn't recognize the furry object's taste. She spat it out then growled, thinking it was some sort of predator clawing on her back. "Now now Cloud, don't break it now." Harumi pet the dog's back worriedly that she might actually end up ripping the adorable coat to shreds. Well, it seems that this colour and style might not be for the Pomeranian. No worries, there were two more coats in the gift box. Harumi took out a beige coloured leather coat.

"How about this one?" She asked the pup. Not being able to speak, Cloud perked her ears up once more and observed the mysterious accessory in her owner's hands. Harumi laughed at the puppy's curiosity. "It's a coat, same as the pink one I made you try on minutes ago." She explained, more giggles escaping her lips. Cloud was hesitant at first before sniffing the beige coat swiftly. The reaction Harumi got was predictable but no matter what, this pup manages to find a way to impress her. Cloud grabbed the coat in between her fangs and tossed it aside. Atleast she didn't try to damage the accessory in some ways. The girl sighed, leaving her to the last coat in the box, the one that Garmadon was salty about. Just by looking at the colour of it, explained his frustrations.

It was a green coat, almost in the style of little red riding hood's cape. A ribbon that tied the dog's accessory to its neck and it didn't harm the animal in any way. Sure it may be basic but there were darker green flower prints to symbolise a pattern on the plain-looking fabric. Harumi tried the cape on Cloud with much ease, probably because she didn't have to stick any paws in tiny holes or worry about fur getting on her muzzle. Seemingly enough, Cloud liked the choice, much freedom for her little legs to run wild without anything getting in her way. Plus the cape that occasionally flopped onto the top of her head didn't look like it bothered her much. Cloud insisted on showing a peasant and satisfied expression. She barked once.

"I'm glad you like it too, Cloud!" Harumi explained, extending her arms for the pup to jump in her arms. A hug wasn't the only reason why she asked her dog to come in her arms, sure she wanted to keep the pup warm in her massive green sleeves however it was also for the secret walk they agreed on an hour ago. It was the beginning of the afternoon when they settled it and Cloud seemed delighted with the idea of going back outside with some company and protection. "Are you ready, Cloud?" She inquired before walking over to the glass window with little fear. If she were to do this alone, she knew her originally meek self would fail to do this simple task in the end. But with the dog in her arms and Ultra Violet's advice, she is very much determined to trust this.
The dog barked, raising her determination and courage.

"Alright..." She muttered and took a step even closer. Her window wasn't as big as she wanted it to be but that meant less shattered glass getting caught in their skin. Less injuries and less suspicions, that was a good call, right? "Alright, I can do this!" She yelled quietly, she knows for a fact that Garmadon was a floor above her in his throne room however, if she made too much commotion, she would be surely caught right off the bat. Cloud whimpered in slight fear but Harumi placed a hand over her eyes, possibly to cover the upside down world they'd be facing in a few minutes. She stood up on the ledge and stared out the window. This was one of the highest floors in Borg tower therefore she felt anxiety build up inside of her. "It's so high up.." she whimpered herself.

Reconciled hearts: a season9(Lloyrumi story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें