Chapter 179: Secret- Part2

Chapter179: Secrets - Part 2

Harumi flinched in her mind. She saw nothing but black smoky darkness in front of her.

She was alone.

Again.

"Lloyd?" she said tentatively, hating that her voice was a whisper instead of a cry for help; no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't call loud enough. Her voice was stuck. She was stuck.

Slowly, her legs moved her into the black cloud, and she watched numbly, walking between the two columns of statues.

Ah. So this was why no one could hear her. There was no one to listen.

Of course, stone statues couldn't move, see, or hear, even if they were once her human friends, and she watched, silently staring at Jade with her ashen-gray cracked skin and lifeless figure.

Lloyd had paused next to Jade, and strangely, her heart felt nothing looking at their gray stone skin and the soft blonde hairs turned stiff.

Harumi looked around as blood began to drip from their eyes, red tears leaving red streaks on the cracks and curves and edges.

She didn't scream, couldn't scream, wouldn't scream.

She looked down at her legs, beginning to harden and turn that same ash color.

She paused, and let the blood drip down from her eyes.

Harumi collapsed on the ground, which fell out beneath her.

"Harumi.."

She fell and fell and fell.

"Harumi, wake up..."

There was no bottom.

"HARUMI!"

Harumi woke up with a cold sweat covering her head and a numb chill in her heart.

Lloyd sat down on the bedside next to her body. "Was it another nightmare?" he whispered gently.

She bit her lip and nodded, looking away as the previous day's memory came rushing back to her.

"It's all my fault," she said, the guilt tripping into her voice.

Instantly, Jade knew what she was talking about.

"It's not, Harumi, it's not," she said quietly, a strange calm in her tone.

Harumi noticed it, and looked her in the eye. She knew why everyone was gathered around her bed in the Bounty now.

"You need to tell them."

Harumi blinked twice, hoping that this was part of the dream too.

"You need to tell them about the Oni power."

Ah. So it wasn't a dream anymore.

"They won't believe me," she argued.

"It's the only explanation," Jade shook her head. "And they have a right to know."

Slowly Harumi turned to the Resistance gathered around her. It could be like the nightmares all over again...or it might not be.

She was taking a chance with this.

"My Oni powers are not reliable," she stated haltingly. "They drain my energy when I use them—or rather, they get awakened because only the strongest emotions can do that. They basically make me immune to kindness and the value of human life, kind of like the Oni Mask of Hatred did. I made all of you except Jade start levitating because she was the one to get me down and protect me from Zephyr's hit. I was going fine with them until my energy was out, and then they were gone, and that's the last thing I remember because he landed a blast on me."

The others were silent, and a cricket audibly chirped from below them.

"But how did you even get those Oni powers?" Garmadon was confused.

"Remember Zackery? The Oni Prince?" she clarified. "That's how. It's because I was—"

"Bitten by an Oni," Jade finished quietly.

They all looked at her, shocked that such information was hidden from them.

Harumi had sat up over the course of her story, and she let her upper body fall limply back onto the white pillow.

She turned her head and the headache inside it towards the window, and watched the sky grow brighter. The wreckage of Ninjago City was thrown into sharp relief as the sun rose over it, and it was time for a new chance at revenge.

(AN: Hello all, it's a short chapter again. Take care and love you ☺️☺️)